Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bigdave View Post
    And, sadly, there are those that need to hush up and go away:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-1...ion-ch/9979166

He had good intentions but he's upset because he probably doesn't here "NO" too much. The rescue team was going to use the safest plan possible which I'm sure wasn't an easy decision. Not as despicable as the UTD Asia post. I think they've removed it.

Derek

Elon Musk, as do 99.999% of the people on the planet, does not understand what a "no mount" restriction is. I've tried to explain it to people who asked questions, and many friends, almost all of whom are divers (and even a few retired cave divers)....all I get is wide eyes and a look of total horror!

Quote Originally Posted by phreaticus53 View Post
    Elon Musk, as do 99.999% of the people on the planet, does not understand what a "no mount" restriction is.
    An excellent point, but I'm not sure he even understands that a real cave looks nothing like the smooth straight tunnels he is familiar with. In any case, this is a good time for him to hush up about his "submarine" and offer thanks and congratulations to the true heroes that went in there and saved the kids and coach. And he could pony up a few bucks in donations as well.

"So long and thanks for all the fish!" -- Douglas Adams, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by bigdave View Post
    An excellent point, but I'm not sure he even understands that a real cave looks nothing like the smooth straight tunnels he is familiar with. In any case, this is a good time for him to hush up about his "submarine" and offer thanks and congratulations to the true heroes that went in there and saved the kids and coach. And he could pony up a few bucks in donations as well.
    Since the rescue operation is out of the way now, maybe he can talk them into letting him use the cave for testing. Let him climb in, and then his design team can hump that thing back and forth. Since it's loaded, I think 6 round trips would be a fair enough test, then he can talk all the crap he wants.

I think if he or any of his engineers just had to move a couch up some stairs a few times in their life, they'd have at least some idea of how fun this wouldn't be.

Administrator Forum Admin

Here is a sad news story about the father of Dr. Harris: https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...eath/23479808/

Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

Very sad. I bet no one has ever gone out more proud of their son.

Quote Originally Posted by kotik View Post

I think if he or any of his engineers just had to move a couch up some stairs a few times in their life, they'd have at least some idea of how fun this wouldn't be.
    Brilliant!

Jeff Rouse
    Chicago, IL

Here's a question, has anyone heard this addressed in any of the articles? From what I'm seeing now they were sedated, bound in a stretcher and towed / brought out wearing full face masks.

Reports said some were completely asleep while others were wiggling their fingers.

So my question is -- how did they equalize if they were sedated?

Quote Originally Posted by phreaticus53 View Post
    Elon Musk, as do 99.999% of the people on the planet, does not understand what a "no mount" restriction is.
    But Stanton definitely knows what a no mount restriction is, so if he actually encouraged Musk to continue the development, the plan probably wasn't as futile as lots of divers have suggested? If it was hopeless, surely Stanton would have told him to just can it?