Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

I think I'll be trying it, at least on a stage bottle, to see how it works out and how hard it is to do. At the very least I'd like to know that if the gas in the good bottle did start getting low I'd have it to fall back on rather than kacking myself with a 3/4 full bottle on my side. Just like the hot swap reg, It may not be the best first course but it never hurts to at least have that method available and practiced if it's ever NEEDed. Sounds like a good reason to go dive

Administrator Forum Admin

One could always shut down the tank with leaking HP hose until they were back in large tunnel, then use a Rikki tool to stop the leak.

Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    One could always shut down the tank with leaking HP hose until they were back in large tunnel, then use a Rikki tool to stop the leak.
    That would be fine. But changing it in situ where he was is going to leave a mark.

I think feathering the valve is the simplest solution.

Ken Sallot

Quote Originally Posted by jlcdvr View Post
    We just have to disagree. It depends on your gas supply. If you have planned properly, as these guys did, it?s a minor inconvenience. If you close without options, I can swap that out pretty quick and move on. All about motivation. Besides, taking side mount advice from a backmounter is not the best course of action. Joel
    You crazy WKPP kids and your fancy gadgets. :P

Ken Sallot

Quote Originally Posted by kensuf View Post
    You crazy WKPP kids and your fancy gadgets. :P
    Negative. I just believe in having options available. Do you have a qc6 on your rebreather? Or a cheater in your pocket? Then why is having another option a bad idea all of a sudden. Just because you don’t think you can make it work doesn’t mean no one else can. I’m sure using this tool on backmounted doubles behind your head would be an issue. To someone comfortable in side mount, not near as big a deal. If the Rikki wrench is a tool you don’t embrace, that’s up to you. Just trying to pass on knowledge that the next generation.
    Joel

?I got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals?. Butch Cassidy circa 1900

I have never had a lost gas issue. But reading the posting made me think about options I/We might have. I dive sidemount. If the high pressure hose for the gauge fails - it could be removed (I cary a ninja tool) and a plug put in.

Quote Originally Posted by Norwegian Cave Diver View Post
    I have never had a lost gas issue. But reading the posting made me think about options I/We might have. I dive sidemount. If the high pressure hose for the gauge fails - it could be removed (I cary a ninja tool) and a plug put in.

I have this tool that I purchase from Jill, the idea is great but the wrench opening is too big for my hoses connectors.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnDWjip2W8E

Quote Originally Posted by pascal View Post
    I have this tool that I purchase from Jill, the idea is great but the wrench opening is too big for my hoses connectors.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnDWjip2W8E
    That is the Rikki tool

Why yes that was me in shorts and a t-shirt @ the 700' marker