Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Silverhippi View Post
    I started making photographs on the trip out. Plenty of images of the middle divers fins. Everything is going smoothly, the cave is amazing, we made it to the "T" to Merry-go-Round and pulled cookies. I continued happily making photographs as we continued to exit, or at least I thought we were headed to the exit. It seemed like it was taking a bit longer than usual to reach the big arrow leading to the exit.
    I know you are fairly new, so this may not have been something you have seen

http://www.cavediver.net/forum/showt...n-Cenote/page2

There has been a lot of discussion about this accident,but the question has come up, if the instructor/guide was focused on their team mate, would they have survived? Other things about this dive don't add up too,but one thing to consider, if someone is focusing on a piece of equipment, then their thought process is distracted from the team and situation that is going on.

"Not all change is improvement...but all improvement is change" Donald Berwick

If you are diving with a photographer you really need to watch out for them. It is easy for them to get distracted and miss a navigational decision. I have been told Wes hired a safety diver just for this on his photo shoots.

Quote Originally Posted by bamafan View Post
    If you are diving with a photographer you really need to watch out for them. It is easy for them to get distracted and miss a navigational decision. I have been told Wes hired a safety diver just for this on his photo shoots.
    I once had a photographer drag a team of three of us approx 400? in the wrong direction, and away from our scooters.
    Fortunately we were only 330? deep and 3000-4000? into the cave.
    Had it been a serious dive, we could have been in trouble. We did manage some pretty cool pics that day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

We heard about this at the CDS Winter Workshop at Hart earlier this year. Classic stuff, and yes, beautiful images!