Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cow Spring

Default Cow Spring

Hello, I have recently dove cow and took a jump right after the 1000 feet mark.
    I wonder if this the circuit known as gnarly way and also where it was reaching back to the gold line (before 1000 feet or after).

It was my last dive before leaving the area and could not mark with a cookie tp figure it out on the way out or another dive.

Quote Originally Posted by pascal View Post
    Hello, I have recently dove cow and took a jump right after the 1000 feet mark.
    I wonder if this the circuit known as gnarly way and also where it was reaching back to the gold line (before 1000 feet or after).

It was my last dive before leaving the area and could not mark with a cookie tp figure it out on the way out or another dive.
    My gut feel is you jumped right after doing a drop. See map below where yellow is main line and the red is the jump to the right. Ud be hitting a T shortly

https://ibb.co/irHJOT

I've been wanting to take that jump but only dive cow every few years. It looks a little tight and silty in there. How was it?

Quote Originally Posted by rddvet View Post
    I've been wanting to take that jump but only dive cow every few years. It looks a little tight and silty in there. How was it?
    It is a bit silty, slow pull and glide will manage it.
    The floor to ceiling distance stay about the same on the entire tunnel and it is large enought so that you can turn around easily almost anywhere if you don’t feel it...
    It took 3 attempts to finally complete it.
    On the final attempt, I needed the peace of mind that I would not get close to the turn pressure so I used a stage that I left just before not fault.

Quote Originally Posted by patpicos View Post
    My gut feel is you jumped right after doing a drop. See map below where yellow is main line and the red is the jump to the right. Ud be hitting a T shortly

https://ibb.co/irHJOT
    Thanks, i believe this is the lunar circuit, I would say the jump I took is after the end of the lunar cuicuit and on the other side of the main passage maybe 25 feet after the 1000 feet marker.

Quote Originally Posted by rddvet View Post
    I found it to be pretty and large enough someone in doubles could do it. Potential to be silty but using proper fin kick or technique it?s easy. No pull and glide necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roadkill

Quote Originally Posted by Diverlee View Post
    I found it to be pretty and large enough someone in doubles could do it. Potential to be silty but using proper fin kick or technique it?s easy. No pull and glide necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Are you refering to the lunar circuit that I believe is the first jump after not my fault ?
    If yes: that is true, double would fit and no pull and glide required.

Are you refering to the lunar circuit that I believe is the first jump after not my fault ?
    If yes: that is true, double would fit and no pull and glide required.
    I kinda thought we were all taking about the jump to the right just after not my fault.

Thanks, i believe this is the lunar circuit, I would say the jump I took is after the end of the lunar cuicuit and on the other side of the main passage maybe 25 feet after the 1000 feet marker.
    yeah then you indeed did the gnarly way. It is not as gnarly as it sounds, but i recall some sharp velcro rocks in some spots

Quote Originally Posted by patpicos View Post
    yeah then you indeed did the gnarly way. It is not as gnarly as it sounds, but i recall some sharp velcro rocks in some spots
    Thanks, by chance do you know where the circuit finishes ?
    When I exited at the other end, the gold line was about 15 feet away and 10 feet lower that the passage I came out from.