This is copied and pasted from Cindy Butler ...
I am not quite sure how to get in touch with the NSS CDS anymore. I was at Alachua Sink AKA Mill Creek sink. I was informed that there are plan in motion to replace the current step with steps that have treated lumbar. The reason we did not use treated lumber the first time was the chemicals would poison the crayfish. Not to mention the cave water has been tested and it comes out at Hornsby Springs at the 7 day Adventist camp for kids. Not to mention the cave runs under several home wells in High Springs. This was all hashed out once and it was decided it was better to replace the non treated steps every few years instead of using lumber that could cause damage. I am unable to find how to message this to the current NSS CDS Board of directors. Can we not learn from past process? Would some of the Cave Divers that still follow my posts please let the CDS know that killing off a species of crayfish that is NOT found anywhere else is ill advised. Not to mention contaminating drinking water. The reason that cave is open now was due to the efforts of people who are no longer diving. The CDS would be well advised to learn from the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk