Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by tj View Post
    I will buy them off you for $50 each. I can service them and give them new life. I have over 100 of them. They could be a maintnence nightmare, so we only use them in recreational classes, rarely rent them. A very few have narrow neck valves. How will I get them? Can you leave at Dive Outpost? I can PayPal you.
    My vote is: JUMP on this deal now!!

Just bought 2 1969 steel 72's out of hydro for $14.50 each. Had them hydro'ed and they passed with flying colors. Makes a great budget set of SM tanks. I am only using them for cold shallow open water dives, mostly solo so amount of gas they hold is not much of an issue. They work great for the way I use them but definitely not enough gas for deeper dives. I have about $100 interested for a pair of steels, that is pretty good bag for the buck.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Administrator Forum Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    My thoughts on this, is that the OP has 72's with Genesis valves ( from the Genesis company ) They made angled valves in the standard 3/4NPS.
    The only 7/8 UNF valves that I've ever seen with an angle, is the old Sherwood manifold made from around 87 to who knows when. As you know, this manifold could not be broken down into two separate K valves. I won't go so far as to say that Genesis scuba never made an angel 7/8 UNF K valve, but if they did, I've never seen one!
    I had a pair of Genesis 7/8 angled K valves.

Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

Hi, This is parenthetical but my holy grail are lefty genesis valves w/ the skinny post.....any cave diving hoarders out there?

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by tbone1004 View Post
    they aren't bad for sidemount, just really inefficient for capacity:weight

With a slight overfill you get the same gas for 5 lbs less carry weight and 4 lbs less buoyancy than AL80s, so they're very efficient in terms of weight and capacity. They only weigh 26lbs dry. They're great single tanks, I didn't really like mine as manifolded doubles.

Quote Originally Posted by halocline View Post
    With a slight overfill you get the same gas for 5 lbs less carry weight and 4 lbs less buoyancy than AL80s, so they're very efficient in terms of weight and capacity. They only weigh 26lbs dry. They're great single tanks, I didn't really like mine as manifolded doubles.
    true, but LP50's are that much better for weight, and HP100's for capacity. Only thing the 72's have over those is cost
    Interestingly I do like mine as doubles though, even as tall as I am. I prefer my HP120's, but for light weight doubles, they're not bad at all