Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Moderating

Default Moderating

Is it normal on this board for moderators to moderate threads theyre participating in? Is it normal to move (aka delete) posts that don?t violate the rules? Perhaps the rules should be rewritten so everyone knows them and they can be applied equally.

?Moderators can delete posts that hurt their personal feelings?.

Quote Originally Posted by PfcAJ View Post
    Is it normal on this board for moderators to moderate threads theyre participating in? Is it normal to move (aka delete) posts that don?t violate the rules? Perhaps the rules should be rewritten so everyone knows them and they can be applied equally.

Hey, you lost your right to complain when you refused the relocated alligator.

"I looked up my family tree and found out I was the sap"
    "I told my psychiatrist that everyone hates me. He said I was being ridiculous - everyone hasn't met me yet."
    "Yeah, I know I'm ugly... I said to a bartender, 'Make me a zombie.' He said 'God beat me to it."
    "I went to a fight the other night, and a hockey game broke out."
    "I came from a real tough neighborhood. I put my hand in some cement and felt another hand."

Rodney Dangerfield 10-5-2004

"Into the blue again; in the silent water
    Under the rocks, and stones; there is water underground" Talking Heads

There's a new pay version that keeps you moderator free.

Quote Originally Posted by OFG-1 View Post
    Hey, you lost your right to complain when you refused the relocated alligator.
    So, if we want to complain we just have to load up an alligator next time we're at Peacock? I'm starting my list today so I can unleash all my complaints during my upcoming trip to cave country!

PS The first rule about Bonnet dive club is you don't talk about Bonnet dive club...

Is it normal on this board for moderators to moderate threads they're participating in? Is it normal to move (aka delete) posts that don?t violate the rules? Perhaps the rules should be rewritten so everyone knows them and they can be applied equally.

I just read the rules (again). I don't see a rule that says moderators are disallowed from moving (aka deleting) posts because they're posted in that thread. I can think of many reasons why that wouldn't work. A thread could be 10 pages long and a moderator posted just one reply. They aren't allowed to moderate? A moderator is passionate, but respectful, in a thread and then someone blatantly breaks a clear rule. They aren't allowed to moderate?

Sometimes, despite the great idea of rules (which I support), you can't predict every single thing that someone will do that shouldn't belong on a forum. Sometimes the moderators have to make that judgement call that, "that shouldn't be up on a public site."

Hmmm, I guess I'll never be able to moderate this thread, now!

Land of Enchantment -- not so great for cave diving, but mighty scenic!

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel Girl View Post
    I just read the rules (again). I don't see a rule that says moderators are disallowed from moving (aka deleting) posts because they're posted in that thread. I can think of many reasons why that wouldn't work. A thread could be 10 pages long and a moderator posted just one reply. They aren't allowed to moderate? A moderator is passionate, but respectful, in a thread and then someone blatantly breaks a clear rule. They aren't allowed to moderate?

Sometimes, despite the great idea of rules (which I support), you can't predict every single thing that someone will do that shouldn't belong on a forum. Sometimes the moderators have to make that judgement call that, "that shouldn't be up on a public site."

Hmmm, I guess I'll never be able to moderate this thread, now!

Very well said, Barbara. This forum has the best moderation, most civil discussions, and highest signal to noise ratio of any forum I'm on. One of the unfortunate things about taking any kind of position of responsibility is that you can never make everybody happy.

Mike

Administrator Forum Admin

You know full well you were just "stirring the pot" If you don't like the moderation here, feel free to go somewhere else where they will appreciate your wiseacre comments

Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    You know full well you were just "stirring the pot" If you don't like the moderation here, feel free to go somewhere else where they will appreciate your wiseacre comments
    so no rules were broken?

Administrator Forum Admin

You are another "pot stirrer" and welcome to go away along with AJ.

Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers