Thread: Moderating

Quote Originally Posted by bamafan View Post
    Are you missing Jax?
    Perhaps the flame still burns brightly

Jeff Rouse
    Chicago, IL

Administrator Forum Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Draker View Post
    Excuse me sir, this forum is for actual cave divers only.

I believe there are other forums more applicable to your current interests. Perhaps a nice sewing or knitting forum would better interest you.

I can't believe anyone would be here just to stir the pot.

Quote Originally Posted by Draker View Post
    Excuse me sir, this forum is for actual cave divers only.

I believe there are other forums more applicable to your current interests. Perhaps a nice sewing or knitting forum would better interest you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I think it's called pinterest.

Ken Sallot

Quote Originally Posted by floridabob View Post
    Have you so much activity that you wish to chase away contributors? Even if it borders on edgy and "pot stirring"?

It must have been months since I have logged on and even longer since I've posted, partly since I'm not diving as much as I'd like, but then I see the above quote I wonder about the arrogance of it.

Perhaps if you thought of us as your customers you might look at things a bit differently???

If the Ban Hammer is itchy--use it for my polite observation with no malice or pot stirring.

Bob
    Considering we don't actually pay them anything to use this site and most of the moderators donate their time I don't see how we're customers.

Quote Originally Posted by graepaep View Post
    Considering we don't actually pay them anything to use this site and most of the moderators donate their time I don't see how we're customers.
    Honestly, I do see what Bob is saying. I don't want to see the CDF become like The Deco Stop, which basically became the Craiglist of tech gear. Conversely, the goal with moderation, and for those of us who remember, to become like the old Tech-list. The old Tech-list lost any substantive value because it became constant flame drama fest that had no resemblance of diving- it was a chest thumping phallic comparison site. Will things be perfect and everybody happy, no that is utopian ,but overall in comparison to other sites, it isn't too bad.

"Not all change is improvement...but all improvement is change" Donald Berwick

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Jessop View Post
    Honestly, I do see what Bob is saying. I don't want to see the CDF become like The Deco Stop, which basically became the Craiglist of tech gear. Conversely, the goal with moderation, and for those of us who remember, to become like the old Tech-list. The old Tech-list lost any substantive value because it became constant flame drama fest that had no resemblance of diving- it was a chest thumping phallic comparison site. Will things be perfect and everybody happy, no that is utopian ,but overall in comparison to other sites, it isn't too bad.
    The disadvantage of deleting posts is that those who are late to the party (like I am) are deprived of the entertainment value of the deleted post. I guess, I need to log on more frequently. (Please do not follow my example. If anyone sees that deleting posts and waving the ban hammer results in more logins, the ban hammer could become a water-powered forge.)

Joke aside, I appreciate that the moderators are trying to walk a very fine line. Not an easy job. If they would step over where I think the line should be and would end up on my toes once in a blue moon, I would not take that personal.

i mean, I think he was just asking for moderation according to cdf's own rules. not for anything mind-blowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sly-vester View Post
    Soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ...ahem, cough, cough

Jeff Rouse
    Chicago, IL

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hammer View Post
    ...ahem, cough, cough
    since Einstein we know time is relative..