Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I forgot. If you don't have an annual pass, forget about it. You will have to go inside and deal with all of that. If you have an annual pass and get there at 730, you'll skip going inside. If you get there at 8 with an annual pass, just hold it high in the air so the staff can see and they'll take you before the dum dums. On a weekend like this, Monday will be best. Sunday will have people getting there earlier, but Monday everybody's hung over and sleeping or packing to leave.

I finished up my full cave at Ginnie over Memorial day weekend back in 06'. We even did a night dive and it was more dangerous on the surface than in the water. IF you go... I agree with rddvet... Get there way early and finish your dive while everyone is sleeping it off.

David Moore
    JWEP, GSEP, OCDA

The good thing about being a 21 year old cave diver is i get to enjoy the best of both worlds ! I plan on diving ginnie Sunday night and camping and then waking up early Sunday morning and diving again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kylejones982 View Post
    The good thing about being a 21 year old cave diver is i get to enjoy the best of both worlds ! I plan on diving ginnie Sunday night and camping and then waking up early Sunday morning and diving again

God I must be getting old, because camping at Ginnie this weekend sounds as fun as fire ants finding they're way up my p-valve. Which funny enough is how most of the college kids will feel in a week after the memories of their fun memorial weekend at Ginnie have long faded.

Quote Originally Posted by kylejones982 View Post

Hope you get some sleep. Be careful

roadkill

Get there at the crack of dawn, then after the dive you can laugh at the Gilchrist County drug sniffing dog running in circles confused and high. More than likely there will be several people passed out and/or puking in the bathroom. Bring your own toilet paper. The rollers in the bathroom will be empty, but you'll have a GREAT dive.

I will likely be there Sunday and possibly Monday too. I have come to enjoy the craziness. You will end up with some great stories from the hooligans at ginnie and we swap these stories like trading cards at the dive shops. Just be careful with your stuff and try to keep it all together. It's the smaller items that will go missing- lights, computers, towels, flip-flops, etc. nobody is going to walk away with your set of doubles as long as you are in the vicinity.

We dove Ginnie last night... my buddy needed to do a Shakedown dive before his dive today.

It was a zoo, but it was kind of cool surfacing in a rave lol. Somehow we ended up with great parking spots and no one messed with our gear. Took turns gearing up and babysitting scooters at the water. As long as you show up with the mindset that there are going to be people and they're going to be curious... And you can handle the stench of marijuana, you should be good.

Quote Originally Posted by pink arrows View Post
    We dove Ginnie last night... my buddy needed to do a Shakedown dive before his dive today.

It was a zoo, but it was kind of cool surfacing in a rave lol. Somehow we ended up with great parking spots and no one messed with our gear. Took turns gearing up and babysitting scooters at the water. As long as you show up with the mindset that there are going to be people and they're going to be curious... And you can handle the stench of marijuana, you should be good.
    Perfect. I only dive high. It helps me through my fear of drowning

Default see?

We went this morning (Memorial Day) ... Got there about 7:30 and it wasn't that bad. I think a normal summer Saturday was busier actually.

This is what it looked like ... and there was only one other cave diver in the system.

We swam the double lines circuit. It was a great dive.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1172.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	983.8 KB
ID:	18299