Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ressel cave

Default Ressel cave

Last week I was again in France for some cavediving. We did 19 hours in 6 days, 12 dives. Not too bad

Sadly the Landenouse cave is closed (problems with owner and government). So we where a little bit more limited. As we all where backmount ccr diving.
    Cunhac had just 1m viz, so we skipped that cave. St. Georges had 5 m viz, good enough to dive, but too bad to take pictures. The Cabouy had 6-7m viz, but we where told the viz would be bad, so I did not take a camera with me. This time no sidemount caves done. That is for the next visit.
    So the underwater pictures are only from the Ressel cave. Just to give an impression of this beautifull cave.

The entrance to get access of the Ressel:

Administrator Forum Admin

I hate that they closed Landenouse because I have been to the Lot twice, and the parking lot for it was always full. I never got to dive there.

Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    I hate that they closed Landenouse because I have been to the Lot twice, and the parking lot for it was always full. I never got to dive there.
    I dove it till EOL , it is a nice cave. But only parking place for 3 cars on the farmers property (and if you ask 2 on private property of the house and cave owner). But it is not closed because of parking. The real truth I do not know, but it has to do that the house and cave where sold to a new owner and the owner wants to hold the cave open, but the covernment wants to hold it open too, but with different rules or so.

Administrator Forum Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Germie View Post
    I dove it till EOL , it is a nice cave. But only parking place for 3 cars on the farmers property (and if you ask 2 on private property of the house and cave owner). But it is not closed because of parking. The real truth I do not know, but it has to do that the house and cave where sold to a new owner and the owner wants to hold the cave open, but the covernment wants to hold it open too, but with different rules or so.
    Well, if they both want it open, it might open if they can agree to the rules. I did like Ressel cave, as well as Cunhac, St Georges, and Cabouy. We also dove some sidemount caves.

Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

Bial, Combe Negre, Bons, Marchepied, we all did not do now, they are for experienced caves on sidemount. But I all like them.
    On ccr the traverse from Cabouy to Pou meyssens is nice.

Ressel is definitely on the bucket list, thanks for the pics...

Safe diving,

Rich

Education, enjoyment and exploration.....
    http://divecaves.com
    https://www.facebook.com/divecaves