Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Blueprint for Survival

Blueprint for Survival, by Sheck Exley, is as important today as it was when it was first published nearly 40 years ago. By examining several accidents and explaining in detail the mistakes and decisions that led to those accidents, it has served to help educate thousands of people about the risks and hazards involved in cave diving.

Now, the NSS-CDS Training Committee and the NSS-CDS Board of Directors have released Blueprint for Survival as a free digital download to make it available to everyone.

https://nsscds.org/blueprint-for-survival/

Ken Sallot

Very nice, thanks

"Not all change is improvement...but all improvement is change" Donald Berwick

Wow, that's awesome!

Safe diving,

Rich

Education, enjoyment and exploration.....
    http://divecaves.com
    https://www.facebook.com/divecaves

While reading this book on the way to a cave dive in 1978, I realized I knew where one of the "incidents" had taken place, and that I knew one of the survivors!
    Needless to say, this book made a huge impression on me at the time...and I modified my diving skills accordingly.

I always buy this book for my new cave diver friends when they first start. Like a tradition. Especially when they start asking ?why? about some of the rules. I still read Blue Print for Survival once in a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roadkill

One of the mandates of our charter is education and the Training Committee fealt this was a small but critical resource that should be made available for all digitally. Print copies will still be available for sale.

I have a printed copy. That is hard to get in Europe. Now I can share the digital version.

Quote Originally Posted by jebernot View Post
    One of the mandates of our charter is education and the Training Committee fealt this was a small but critical resource that should be made available for all digitally. Print copies will still be available for sale.
    Kudos to you and the training committee.

"Not all change is improvement...but all improvement is change" Donald Berwick

yes ! great job!