Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Election nss

Default Election nss

Those of us who are members of the NSS have received an Email for the annual election.
    If you have scrolled through the names of candidates you would have noticed that one of our current CDS BOD Member , TJ Muller, is one of the candidates.
    TJ has been the liaison between the NSS and the CDS for several years. This would make a great fit for the CDS to have a person like TJ on the BOD of the NSS.
    Please take time to read the platform statements of the candidates and vote for the person of your choice.

Last edited by shellmoundal; 05-01-2018 at 04:32 PM. Reason: spelling

Administrator Forum Admin

Quote Originally Posted by shellmoundal View Post
    Those of us who are members of the NSS have received an Email for the annual election.
    If you have scrolled through the names of candidates you would have noticed that one of our current CDS BOD Member , TJ Muller, is one of the candidates.
    TJ has been the liaison between the NSS and the CDS for several years. This would make a great fit for the CDS to have a person like TJ on the BOD of the NSS.
    Please take time to read the platform statements of the candidates and vote for the person of your choice.
    I am afraid I don't agree with this, and I don't intend to vote for TJ.

Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

What I said was to vote for the person of your choice. Not sure what you know that I don't know Forrest?

This would be an interesting conversation and I think should be allowed and not moderated. I know TJ is on here so it's not like he couldn't respond.

Quote Originally Posted by rddvet View Post
    This would be an interesting conversation and I think should be allowed and not moderated. I know TJ is on here so it's not like he couldn't respond.
    Agree!

I read TJ's platform statement and had totally forgotten about the Alachua Sink thing. That was pretty cool.

TJ, what are your plans for getting the NSS more involved with the CDS?

Quote Originally Posted by jlillest View Post
    Agree!

I read TJ's platform statement and had totally forgotten about the Alachua Sink thing. That was pretty cool.

I have the Vice President of the NSS attending our(NSS-CDS's) upcoming workshop in Mariana for starters, and the NSS will have a table there.

As for as a discussion, having one here would be tough with Forrest being a moderator. I think this post is safe until morning as Forrest goes to bed around 5pm.

Last edited by Sly-vester; 05-01-2018 at 11:48 PM.

Administrator Forum Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Sly-vester View Post
    I have the Vice President of the NSS attending our(NSS-CDS's) upcoming workshop in Mariana for starters, and the NSS will have a table there.

As for as a discussion, having one here would be tough with Forrest being a moderator. I think this post is safe until morning as Forrest goes to bed around 5pm.
    TJ, my issue with you is voting against changing the anti NSS bylaws that the past chair got pushed through.

Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

Quote Originally Posted by shellmoundal View Post
    On the subject of the NSS, the CDS board used to be proactive in getting people nominated for NSS awards like the fellow award etc. There are some members doing some amazing things that qualify for other awards. If you want the NSS membership to accept having a cave diver as a board member, things like this are important, because right now we are that section that is unknown and isolated in the eyes of the majority of the dry cavers. As you will find getting elected to most boards is about name recognition, and presently nobody on the CDS has any recognition, other than forming the NSS/CDS and CDS. I say these things having worked on the NSS Strategic Planning committee for several years, and interacting with their board, and for the most part the CDS has a huge membership base compared to some of the grottos,but we just exist, not active, which doesn't produce the mass membership embracing the CDS.

"Not all change is improvement...but all improvement is change" Donald Berwick

Quote Originally Posted by jlillest View Post
    Agree!

In addition, I now have the NSS attorney involved with putting the CDS properties in stand-alone corporations, so we never have to look down the barrel of insolvency, like we did during the last lawsuit.

Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    TJ, my issue with you is voting against changing the anti NSS bylaws that the past chair got pushed through.
    I will cover this later as it will be a long post.

Last edited by Sludge; 05-04-2018 at 04:33 PM. Reason: fix quote