Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

The Deep Section to Gator (off the 27 boat ramp) has some big catfish. 2ft+ and not afraid of you. As for the biggest fish I've encountered, that would be a 4-5 foot Gar hovering over the Devil's Ear at Ginnie. I just kept on the trigger of my Tekna. He flinched.

Ozark Forum Moderator

Three years ago, at Cannonball, on our first dive of the spring, there was a dead catfish about five feet long, draped over the beginning of the gold line, just inside the cave. It finally fell off the line about a month later, and it's skeleton was laying on the rocks for the rest of that year. I think I still have video.

You Yankee's ain't seen nuthin', back in '75 I wuz in Madison Blue and I went in yonder in da crossunner tunnel an big ole flathead catfish wearin twin '72's come by jus a gittin it. He had 2 mayonaise jars full O 'lightnin' bugs for primarys! It kinda looked like he wuz Hogarthian rigged or sumpin' - they wuz a cyalume stick hangin offin' his pectoral finz on BOTH sidez! It kinda shook me up! I tried to keep up with em, but it wern't no use. He was fast! Last thang I seen wuz a faint glow o lightnin' bugs turnin' right headin' downstream at split. I'll tell you whut - that wuz the biiggest catfish I ever seen cavedivin'!

Quote Originally Posted by Lamar English View Post
    I tried to keep up with em, but it wern't no use. He was fast!
    That had to be Wayne Kinard. I couldn't keep up with him in Indian even though one of his fins was cracked in half.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Clark View Post
    That had to be Wayne Kinard. I couldn't keep up with him in Indian even though one of his fins was cracked in half.
    or Bill Main !

Hey Lamar! Always love your stories. I just told my wife and mother-in-law a day or two ago about the time you and GW found those bodies. I tried to do it justice but I told her she really needs to hear you tell it.

Gene

2m in Catfishcave in Kao Sok NP.

And some fisherman got a 2m catfish near Cunhac. Sadly I have never seen a catfish there.

A friend of mine works for FWC and was doing some surveys in the Suwanee for alligator snapping turtles when he pulled up a bull shark in one of the traps. This was just a mile or so from Manatee springs too. I've always thought it'd be neat to see a shark in the springs... It is possible.

I would LOVE to be at manatee and see a bull shark LOL