Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Results 41 to 48 of 48
  1. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverhippi View Post
    Where would one find this video?
    Back in the late 80's, Don Landis made Super 8 ( I believe ) videos of all the local cave systems and given the era, they were well done. All the videos were complete with narrative and for the most part, usually had a diver in front of the camera so you had a better perspective. If not a diver, then the viewer had a moving "cursor" to follow along on the dive. To answer your question, seek out any diver who was active in the early 90's time frame and you'll probably find some copies. All VHS of course, no CD's in that time frame. I'll be over at Peacock later on this week and I'll stop in and ask Kathy if, by chance, she still has any of those tapes laying around. Of course the early 90's was before her time as the shop owner so maybe not. Arwan Karr still owned the place in those days and those tapes always played in his restaurant, especially on the weekends. I don't remember the total number of dive sites Don filmed but if I recall, it was at least a half dozen, maybe more. All local sites: Ginnie, Peacock, Little River, Madison and so on. Worth watching if you can find some copies


  2. #42

    Default

    I love the Little River one with the DV-3X winding away, that was my first scooter...

    Safe diving,

    Rich

    Education, enjoyment and exploration.....
    http://divecaves.com
    https://www.facebook.com/divecaves

  3. #43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    Back in the late 80's, Don Landis made Super 8 ( I believe ) videos of all the local cave systems and given the era, they were well done. All the videos were complete with narrative and for the most part, usually had a diver in front of the camera so you had a better perspective. If not a diver, then the viewer had a moving "cursor" to follow along on the dive. To answer your question, seek out any diver who was active in the early 90's time frame and you'll probably find some copies. All VHS of course, no CD's in that time frame. I'll be over at Peacock later on this week and I'll stop in and ask Kathy if, by chance, she still has any of those tapes laying around. Of course the early 90's was before her time as the shop owner so maybe not. Arwan Karr still owned the place in those days and those tapes always played in his restaurant, especially on the weekends. I don't remember the total number of dive sites Don filmed but if I recall, it was at least a half dozen, maybe more. All local sites: Ginnie, Peacock, Little River, Madison and so on. Worth watching if you can find some copies
    In my possession I have Madison Blue part 1(which includes Godzilla, Martz and Century), Devil's ,Peacock, and Peacock- Olsen and Cisteen,

    "Not all change is improvement...but all improvement is change" Donald Berwick

  4. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Jessop View Post
    In my possession I have Madison Blue part 1(which includes Godzilla, Martz and Century), Devil's ,Peacock, and Peacock- Olsen and Cisteen,
    With the NSS-CDS conference coming up there should be a push to collect and digitize the whole collection so it can be kept for posterity.


  5. #45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CptTightPants21 View Post
    With the NSS-CDS conference coming up there should be a push to collect and digitize the whole collection so it can be kept for posterity.
    Not a bad idea! I'm working the TEC conference this weekend and there will be several BOD members present so I'll bring your suggestion up and see what happens! If nothing else, I'm having my copies of the tapes put onto a DVD.


  6. #46
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Branford, Florida
    Age
    67
    Posts
    520

    Default

    I use a set of galvanized pressed steel E120?s. Same trim and diameter as Faber LP 80?s.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  7. #47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DogDiver View Post
    I use a set of galvanized pressed steel E120?s. Same trim and diameter as Faber LP 80?s.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    i'm pretty sure the E120's are significantly more negatively buoyant than the LP85's (not 80's) and a touch longer. the LP85 pumped up to 3600psi should yield around 115 cu. ft. of gas. so there isn't a ton of extra gas in the 120's


  8. #48

    Default picture

    Click image for larger version

Name:	tammy double stage 1.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	18179

    here is a picture of the little lady swimming with the double stages. I think the one correction we will make to her rigging is moving the hose clamp higher up on the tank. Currently I think she's got it about 10'' from the bottom which pushes the bottle into her limited real-estate area. Perhaps moving that clamp will slide the bottle back further under her primary tanks. I think this would be beneficial on a single stage or double stage setup.



 

Similar Threads

  1. An amazing place to swim!
    By grottojonez in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-24-2015, 08:06 PM
  2. Swim from the Eye to Little Devil
    By tswain in forum Photos, Pictures, Graphics & Video Clips
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-04-2011, 09:35 AM
  3. Henkle Swim
    By Skybluewater in forum Buddies
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-16-2009, 03:15 PM
  4. Phelps and swim test
    By caver in forum The Fill Station
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-10-2009, 05:16 PM
  5. Hinkle swim
    By Line Squirrel in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-24-2005, 08:34 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts