Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ss uv40

Default Ss uv40

About to buy a used SS UV40. Does anyone have experience with these scooters or maybe video of one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am assuming the LiFe battery? I have one. It used to be a N37 but Rodney cut the hull down to a UV 18 and installed the LiFe battery. It is a good scooter with plenty of range. It probably runs about 180 fpm with 2 stages. I can make it to the eol in JB in about 30 minutes and that includes dropping a stage at stage rock. Definitely not a speed demon like the newer scooters but they ride good. Not as good as it did when it was a N37 with the longer hull but still more comfortable than some smaller scooters I have been on. Not really sure what you are looking for in a video? I highly recommend the 3 speed or vortex controller. With some practice you will be amazed with the stuff you can scooter through on low speed and not make a mess.

Yes the SS LiFe battery. I do like how they ride more than some of the other scooters I?ve tried. The one I?m looking at has the venom speed controller. I just haven?t been able to find any videos of them or much info about them.

Administrator Forum Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Sidemountdiver1999 View Post
    Yes the SS LiFe battery. I do like how they ride more than some of the other scooters I?ve tried. The one I?m looking at has the venom speed controller. I just haven?t been able to find any videos of them or much info about them.

The have a great range, and handle quite well. The only drawback is the weight. They are heavier than most of the newer scooters, but also cheaper.

Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

I had one but it was homebuilt and I could never get it to trim the way I wanted while towing. While on the trigger it was great! Good power and great range! Weight was 72lbs, not as bad as a 26 but pretty damn heavy! Is it a Rodney built 40 or homebuilt?

Derek

Quote Originally Posted by Pullnglide View Post
    I had one but it was homebuilt and I could never get it to trim the way I wanted while towing. While on the trigger it was great! Good power and great range! Weight was 72lbs, not as bad as a 26 but pretty damn heavy! Is it a Rodney built 40 or homebuilt?
    Rodney built it. It was an 18 conversion as well. The previous owner was saying something about special weights on the battery to trim the scooter out. I?ll have to look at it more when I test dive it. I?ve also recently invested in a nice hand truck.