Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default post some dive reports

Quote Originally Posted by jdobbertien View Post
    Most people swimming in little river use the mud tunnel as a short cut. Gets you out of the flow and reduces distance to first T.95% visual jump it
    I do not. I always run a line to it Guess I am the other 5%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roadkill

Special Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by OFG-1 View Post
    You guys need to expand your horizons. There is more to do than just go diving. As example, the second largest air show in the US is this week in Lakeland Fl. Headed there tomorrow.

https://www.flysnf.org/
    Bacon is pretty effective at expanding my a....oh, you said "horizons." NM. Enjoy the air show and don't make the news.

I Semper Fi, Cameron David Smith, my son, my hero. 11/9/1989 - 11/13/2010

Never forget, we were all beginners once. Allain Burrese

Special Forum Member

Most people swimming in little river use the mud tunnel as a short cut. Gets you out of the flow and reduces distance to first T.95% visual jump it
    Quote Originally Posted by Diverlee View Post
    I do not. I always run a line to it Guess I am the other 5%

I'm with Lee. An unbroken line to the surface for me. Always. always. ALWAYS.

Where does the 95% figure come from? I'm always curious when folks use specific numbers instead of "lots" or "most" because it implies, to me anyway, that there are some actual statistics behind the number. ...curious...

I Semper Fi, Cameron David Smith, my son, my hero. 11/9/1989 - 11/13/2010

Never forget, we were all beginners once. Allain Burrese

Quote Originally Posted by sskasser View Post
    Where does the 95% figure come from? I'm always curious when folks use specific numbers instead of "lots" or "most" because it implies, to me anyway, that there are some actual statistics behind the number. ...curious...

87.3% of all statistical references are made up on the spot.

I cant remember the last time i saw any jump reels in there and i see people going through there all the time. Most people would consider that to be a "low risk" visual jump because you have gold line on both sides and the silt potential in there isnt very high. I dive LR at least 3X a month and have seen it with almost every team i see go in swimming

Quote Originally Posted by MORGAN View Post
    87.3% of all statistical references are made up on the spot.
    90.2% of statistics with a number behind the decimal point seem more credible to the majority..

If you want to see some funny redneck quarry diving check out my youtube account..

http://www.youtube.com/user/GoDeepif...n?feature=mhum

Quote Originally Posted by Garth View Post
    90.2% of statistics with a number behind the decimal point seem more credible to the majority..

An engineer friend calls 'em PIROMA Numbers: "Pulled It Right Outta My A$$".

I cant remember the last time i saw any jump reels in there and i see people going through there all the time. Most people would consider that to be a "low risk" visual jump because you have gold line on both sides and the silt potential in there isnt very high. I dive LR at least 3X a month and have seen it with almost every team i see go in swimming
    if you look at the hand prints in the clay...theres some good clay to blow the place in that passage

That scares 86% of the sh-t out of my colon. The other 14% comes out when I reread this several times and come to the conclusion that it seems you're ok with it (though that's simple interpretation).

Quote Originally Posted by MORGAN View Post
    An engineer friend calls 'em PIROMA Numbers: "Pulled It Right Outta My A$$".
    S.W.A.G. numbers - Scientific Wild Ass Guess

Take only photos, leave only bubbles, kill only time.