Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Just curious but was your first thought to head toward Olsen or turn around a go back the way you came up the peanut line. Did I miss something or did you go back thru Olsen

I gave serious thought to heading back toward Olsen and exiting there. However, I've never been able to completely swim the section from the Peanut restriction to Olsen sink. I know it connects on the map but I've never done it in real life. So I had a decision to make swim back thru what I know, or add to the stress of swimming thru some unknown (to me anyway) passageway. I've almost connected them in real life but for some reason overtime I hit the Peanut restriction something seems to come up that prevents me from connect that last couple of hundred feet. In the end I ended up choosing what I knew. Ultimately, this ended up being the correct decision if for no other reason that it worked. Had I had another hit then that decision might have been a bad one.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrwhy01 View Post
    I gave serious thought to heading back toward Olsen and exiting there. However, I've never been able to completely swim the section from the Peanut restriction to Olsen sink. I know it connects on the map but I've never done it in real life. So I had a decision to make swim back thru what I know, or add to the stress of swimming thru some unknown (to me anyway) passageway. I've almost connected them in real life but for some reason overtime I hit the Peanut restriction something seems to come up that prevents me from connect that last couple of hundred feet. In the end I ended up choosing what I knew. Ultimately, this ended up being the correct decision if for no other reason that it worked. Had I had another hit then that decision might have been a bad one.
    Thank you for not heading to Olsen. That would have totally screwed me up!!!

Dominick Gheesling

Hike your own hike.

Administrator Forum Admin

It is a very easy trip from the Peanut to Olsen, but I would have to agree, if you had never done it, it might have been stressful, and that was the last thing you needed.

Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    If you dive with the switch in predive normally, you are used to it. However, if you are used to it being in the dive mode, you are breathing harder in predive and not used to that.
    I have used Poseidon Xtreams since they first came out. I don't miss the switch.

Administrator Forum Admin

Quote Originally Posted by RGU View Post
    I have used Poseidon Xtreams since they first came out. I don't miss the switch.
    I never liked Jetstreams for that very reason. I also dive Xstreams.

Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

weird, I actually really like the pre-dive switch, especially when scootering

Just a suggestion a dive up the Olsen line thru Olsen over to the peanut restriction is really a nice dive the cave from Olsen to peanut restriction is not traveled much and the cave is very different than most of peacock. Making a circuit back down the peanut line makes for a nice dive. Checkout some of the other tunnels such as the Olsen bypass along your trip from Olsen to peanut restriction they are on the map and this will give you the opportunity to see how they look from the gold line. This is about a 90 minute dive and I do it easily with my lp85 in side mount

Special Forum Member

This thread makes me smile so big! Thank you both for sharing the original story, and thank fellow forumers for being so positive, helpful, and encouraging! OOOOO RAH!

I Semper Fi, Cameron David Smith, my son, my hero. 11/9/1989 - 11/13/2010

Never forget, we were all beginners once. Allain Burrese

Thanks for sharing the tale (complete with happy ending) so that others (including myself) can learn from it!