Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Fun day at Eagle's Nest...

Michael C. Barnette
    Association of Underwater Explorers
    http://uwex.us

Administrator Forum Admin

Wow, y'all rented a chopper for that video?

Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    Wow, y'all rented a chopper for that video?
    I assumed it was a drone. Which I personally hate and wish that especially in a wildlife preserve like the Chass should be illegal.

Or maybe it was a chopper.

Quote Originally Posted by rddvet View Post
    I assumed it was a drone. Which I personally hate and wish that especially in a wildlife preserve like the Chass should be illegal.

Or maybe it was a chopper.
    It’s not a preserve. All the hunters in there should clue you in to that fact.

Michael C. Barnette

Quote Originally Posted by barney00 View Post
    It?s not a preserve. All the hunters in there should clue you in to that fact.

I apologize. I was using a generalized term that was incorrect. Wildlife management area. A wildlife management area is an area set up by a government agency with the main purpose being to create a suitable habitat for wildlife populations to thrive away from the urban sprawl of populated life. Many also allow for outdoor recreation and hunting, though not their main goal.

http://myfwc.com/hunting/wma-brochures

I enjoyed your video, but personally hate drones, especially in areas where I think they are a nuisance to wildlife. The effects of noise pollution on wildlife as well as ocean dwelling animals is just now becoming understood. We know that it is having effect on how wildlife interact and change behavior within their environment. Sure trucks moving around Chass as well as hunting and hunting dogs do the same, but why not skip playing with a drone in a wildlife area since it's sole purpose is to make a pretty video.

May sound hippity dippity, but maybe people will start to think twice when flying their drones wherever they like.

I apologize. I was using a generalized term that was incorrect. Wildlife management area. A wildlife management area is an area set up by a government agency with the main purpose being to create a suitable habitat for wildlife populations to thrive away from the urban sprawl of populated life. Many also allow for outdoor recreation and hunting, though not their main goal.

http://myfwc.com/hunting/wma-brochures

I enjoyed your video, but personally hate drones, especially in areas where I think they are a nuisance to wildlife. The effects of noise pollution on wildlife as well as ocean dwelling animals is just now becoming understood. We know that it is having effect on how wildlife interact and change behavior within their environment. Sure trucks moving around Chass as well as hunting and hunting dogs do the same, but why not skip playing with a drone in a wildlife area since it's sole purpose is to make a pretty video.

May sound hippity dippity, but maybe people will start to think twice when flying their drones wherever they like.
    I fly my drone to make pretty videos, as well as to study/document wildlife (check out MARINE WILDLIFE AERIAL SURVEYS page on Facebook). They are a tool. I find it laughable that you hate drones as much as you do for the reasons stated, but apparently were not upset at the potential use of a much louder and invasive helicopter to “make a pretty video.”

As Ken’s fins direct you in the video, “RELAX. HAVE FUN.”

Michael C. Barnette

I fly my drone to make pretty videos, as well as to study/document wildlife (check out MARINE WILDLIFE AERIAL SURVEYS page on Facebook). They are a tool. I find it laughable that you hate drones as much as you do for the reasons stated, but apparently were not upset at the potential use of a much louder and invasive helicopter to ?make a pretty video.?

As Ken?s fins direct you in the video, ?RELAX. HAVE FUN.?

Did I say I approved of a helicopter?

Didn't mean to tweak your buttons. PS-Marine Aerial surveys are generally considered non-impactful on marine wildlife. They don't get lumped into what is generally understood as noise pollution on marine animals. Watercraft in inappropriate areas and improper shipping lanes/channels are what are considered noise pollutants on marine animals.

Did I say I approved of a helicopter?

Didn't mean to tweak your buttons. PS-Marine Aerial surveys are generally considered non-impactful on marine wildlife. They don't get lumped into what is generally understood as noise pollution on marine animals. Watercraft in inappropriate areas and improper shipping lanes/channels are what are considered noise pollutants on marine animals.
    LMAO.

Michael C. Barnette

LMAO.

I'm not being a douche, but even those that have studied marine life for decades are just starting to understand the impact that noise pollution has on biologic species. Studies as to what extent noise pollution has on all wildlife, but especially marine species are in their extreme infancy.

Edit: I see you edited down your response. Not tying to provoke anything, other than to express a concern that many have no clue about.

"Not being a douche"
    "Not provoking"
    While being a provoking douche.
    SMH