Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Ultrasonic Cleaner

My cheapo ultrasonic cleaner finally died after 5 years. I'm ok with that life span, and am looking to pick up another sub-$100 unit. After just getting burned on eBay, does anyone have a reliable source/seller for a small, cheap Ultrasonic?

Jim

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I use the ones they sell at Harbor Freight with the heating element and use the 20% off coupon for one item.

https://www.harborfreight.com/25-lit...ner-63256.html

Mixed results with them. I've had one die after 6 months. My current one is probably ~2.5 years old. I still test it's effectiveness with a piece of aluminum foil.

I use that same one. Sonic still works after 3.5 years but the heater just died on it annoyingly. Well worth it when you get the 20% off coupons

Patience on eBay can net you a lab quality ultrasonic cleaner for a smoking price. Much better performance than the cheap ones. (Harbor Freight is still decent for the price)

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Jeff Rouse
    Chicago, IL

Default Ultrasonic Cleaner

I dont know why people buy harbor freight crap. 2-3 years for an ultrasonic is crap. I have cheap medical grade ones that are 20+ years old and heat and clean a million times better than harbor freight. They're more new, but used on ebay or at medical resale houses are cheap

PS. avoid ones with led/electric screens. Old school turn dial are better any day of the week. They last way longer. Those displays are often the weak point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with RDDVet. I have a Branson cleaner with dial and heat going on 20+ years now. Still going strong.

Quote Originally Posted by fno View Post
    I agree with RDDVet. I have a Branson cleaner with dial and heat going on 20+ years now. Still going strong.

Branson is a top brand. They can definitely be pricey depending on the model, but they're such good quality you can be confident buying a used unit will likely work.

I never get Harbor Freight. I only buy from there if I need something as a one and done, because you can never rely on their tools to work more than one time. The only quality thing I've ever gotten there is their marine grade heat shrinking wraps.

Harbor Freight definitely not the greatest quality but their non electrical stuff is generally ok. The prices are hard to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by bamafan View Post
    Harbor Freight definitely not the greatest quality but their non electrical stuff is generally ok. The prices are hard to beat.
    I've bent or broken so many different things I've bought from there during normal use it's crazy. I have one 5 minutes from my house and have tried so many things in the hopes I'd be proven wrong, and every time I end up with a sore ass feeling like a chump.

Quote Originally Posted by rddvet View Post
    I dont know why people buy harbor freight crap. 2-3 years for an ultrasonic is crap. I have cheap medical grade ones that are 20+ years old and heat and clean a million times better than harbor freight. They're more new, but used on ebay or at medical resale houses are cheap
    I'm pretty sure that nobody is kidding themselves about the "quality" when they buy something from Harbor Freight. I consider stuff from them to be essentially disposable. I'm an instant gratification type of person and I have Harbor Fright (spelling intentional) about 15 minutes from my house If it lasts a 2-3 years for 64 bucks I'm fine.

That being said, I'd like to pick up a cheap medical grade one at some point. Looking at eBay they don't seem too much more expensive.