Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Administrator Forum Admin

I was about to offer to sell moose_grunt a deal, until I saw he lives in Saipan. I also suspect Harbor Freight would be pretty expensive, once you pay shipping from the US.

Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    I was about to offer to sell moose_grunt a deal, until I saw he lives in Saipan. I also suspect Harbor Freight would be pretty expensive, once you pay shipping from the US.
    That's the other side of things for me. Shipping is pretty expensive if items won't fit in a flat rate box. Strangely, though, some online retailers don't seem to care and still offer low-rate shipping. I haven't checked out Harbor Freight yet.

Then again, sometimes deals are so good that even $50 shipping is worth it. Hint hint, Forrest .

Jim

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I bought mine at an optician for 35 euro. Small, but it works.

Administrator Forum Admin

Quote Originally Posted by moose_grunt View Post
    That's the other side of things for me. Shipping is pretty expensive if items won't fit in a flat rate box. Strangely, though, some online retailers don't seem to care and still offer low-rate shipping. I haven't checked out Harbor Freight yet.

Then again, sometimes deals are so good that even $50 shipping is worth it. Hint hint, Forrest .

Jim

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    I need to get the brand and model number, and find out how much they cost new, then try to get a shipping estimate. I will let you know.

Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

I ordered one of these in 2013: http://a.co/0joqWJO , and it has worked great ever since. It comes with a plastic basket, but I ordered the stainless steel basket from the company. I don't use it every day, so I can't speak to it as a commercial/ shop cleaner that might be used daily or weekly, but for my purposes of a couple times per year use it works great. It's big enough that I can clean dive parts and bike parts effectively. I also bought a stainless steel tea ball to put all the tiny pieces in: http://a.co/1xAnO5V . I usually leave the top off the ball and just sit it upright in the larger basket. That way I can have the tiny parts separate from the bigger pieces.

Yeah Harbor Freight is totally hit or miss, very low quality control. Only a fool would expect the same quality as high end tools from them. There are quite a few well made items and deals for the non-professional user to be had. Knowing tools and how to properly use them can make a big difference.

The ultrasonic I got there over 10 years ago worked well to clean carbeurator parts and my personal regs, but isn't fast. My Crest 500 does in a minute or so what it takes 45 minutes to do, they really don't compare, but for $50 to clean some personal stuff occasionally it is more than adequate. I gave mine to a friend who is still using it to clean small engine parts and has been pleased with it for free.

BTW, the heaters in ultrasonic cleaners are to help maintain temperature, not to make cold liquids hot. Never run an ultrasonic cleaner empty or with low fluid levels, you can and likely will damage/destroy it.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Jeff Rouse
    Chicago, IL

I bought one of these only used it 6-7 times less than a year but it seems like a little better quality than the Harbor Fright one.

ROVSUN 3L Ultrasonic Cleaner: http://https://www.amazon.com/gp/pro...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The above link is broke
    This one works: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1