Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread

Default how do i get a hose to route without it bending ?

I just bought a new doubles set up and when i route my long hose under my wing and across my chest the hose wants to bow out from under my wing and stick out to the side of my body. How do i get this hose to behave properly ?

Route it under the can light on your right hip. I still believe this is the right way to mount a light. Handhelds have some drawbacks but if you have one 1 inch PVC can act as the can light.

i currently dive a big blue hand held so i took a fancy side mount fixed d ring the sticks down to try and do as you suggested and the hose curls out to much to do so. My hose on my old doubles set never had this problem so I'm wondering if this hose just needs to be broken in

what kind of hose are you using? rubber hoses should not kink. some miflex will do and would advise against.

Quote Originally Posted by patpicos View Post
    what kind of hose are you using? rubber hoses should not kink. some miflex will do and would advise against.
    It doesn't kink it bows out like it's twisted and wants to loop back on itself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make a bend where it starts to curve back up towards your chest, and tuck that into your waist band.

Jim

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kylejones982 View Post
    It doesn't kink it bows out like it's twisted and wants to loop back on itself

Sounds like a sketchy thing to do, but lay it in the sun for 30-60 minutes then stretch and pull and twist it against how it wants to bow and that will fix it. I had a hose that was perfect, but then I stored it unused in a reg bag. After sitting so long it had a mind of it's own. Sun and stretch fixed it. Just be smart. Don't get it too hot and dont go crazy stretching it. Obviously do all of this without regs attached.

Quote Originally Posted by rddvet View Post
    Sounds like a sketchy thing to do, but lay it in the sun for 30-60 minutes then stretch and pull and twist it against how it wants to bow and that will fix it. I had a hose that was perfect, but then I stored it unused in a reg bag. After sitting so long it had a mind of it's own. Sun and stretch fixed it. Just be smart. Don't get it too hot and dont go crazy stretching it. Obviously do all of this without regs attached.
    Cool I'll give that a try !