Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Need some help...

Just got home from my hip replacement. Perhaps too much ice hockey and bull riding in my youth...

No diving for a while, so I hope some folks will post some dive reports, pics or videos to ease my withdrawals.

New to cave diving and really jacked about a recent dive? Share your enthusiasm. We were all there at one time. Your efforts will be greatly appreciated, I promise.

Thanks so much in advance.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
    -Ferris Bueller

The most certain way to stumble into the future, is to live your life looking over your shoulder.
    -Jeff Hawes after getting a huge mulligan...

Hope you recover quick!

Mark Schroder

The way of a fool seems right to him, but a wise man listens to advice. (PV12:15)

going to hit up P3 this Friday on the CCR for some silent time and a nice slow poke around in that cave
    Saturday we are going with two of our buddies for their first time traversing grandly and will try to get some fun pix at least before and after if we don't get anything in the middle bit

last year was rough for me with only 3 cave trips due to work and life, but this is already #2 for me this year which is awesome

Here is a story to cheer you up. 4weeks ago we found virgin system and powersnorkeled it to confirm it goes. Unfortunately the most spectacular entrance ended up having Gators in it and because it is a circular cenote with 30 ft drop using ropes. I considered it is the best time to dive it now while hopefully they are sleeping. Well while I was pulling up debris from the upstream lead two small Gators bounced into my mask. They were small but they presumably were born from a bigger one some time back. Like I said there is no other escape from that cenote ( the lake is about 100ft across ) other than up ropes. So this would make a heck of a horror movie kinda like The Cave 3 if mama shows up.

Really wanted to continue this system before summer takes over but 2weeks ago I had a crash landing while in North Eastern DeLand after jumping from a plane and now have sprained ankle and knee. So I feel your pain - I wish I can go diving now into water or air don't matter....

Hope you're healed up and back in the water soon!

Special Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by diveconjeff View Post
    Just got home from my hip replacement. Perhaps too much ice hockey and bull riding in my youth...

No diving for a while, so I hope some folks will post some dive reports, pics or videos to ease my withdrawals.

New to cave diving and really jacked about a recent dive? Share your enthusiasm. We were all there at one time. Your efforts will be greatly appreciated, I promise.

Thanks so much in advance.
    Best wishes for solid and quick healing.

I LOVE rookie/newbie/beginner enthusiastic dive reports. The ones where they only go a few hundred feet and they're in AWE of the cave. Man, I love that sheeeeet! Seriously. It reminds of how I got hooked and brings back that fresh excitement. More please!

I Semper Fi, Cameron David Smith, my son, my hero. 11/9/1989 - 11/13/2010

Never forget, we were all beginners once. Allain Burrese

My name is Shirley Kasser Creech and I approve this message. Well, at least one of me does, anyway. Maybe. Fire. Sharp things. Squirrel!

New cave divers only?

I would try to act offended, but I only want to hear stories from Jeff Dobbertein.

Hey, hope you heal rapidly! So, today we went 1600 feet down the peanut line which was the furthest I have been on that line. The BIG DEAL is the dome right around 1200' on the peanut line!!! OMG!!! It just goes up forever and there are a zillion little mirrors reflecting light in it. I actually had to swim upside down in my double 104s (on purpose) for the first time to soak it all in.

Dominick Gheesling

Hike your own hike.

No worries Tracy I’m only a few hundred feet from connecting ginnie to Jackson blue, reports to come. Should be done by midnight on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by jdobbertien View Post
    No worries Tracy I?m only a few hundred feet from connecting ginnie to Jackson blue, reports to come. Should be done by midnight on Saturday
    I thought you were trying to connect Joe and Mary's sink to the sewage treatment plan. Or is that Tegg?

"Those who the gods seek to destroy, first learn how to play golf."
    "Doing nothing is very hard to do.... you never know when you're finished."
    "Yes, golf can be taught ... it's just that it can't be learned."
    " I am serious.... and don't all me Shirley."

Leslie Nielsen 11-28-2010

"Into the blue again; in the silent water
    Under the rocks, and stones; there is water underground" Talking Heads