Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by IowaCaveDiver View Post
    This seems a bit far fetched... has anyone had/known of a reg exploding with 100% o2 use? I would think a piston style reg would burn/explode just as easy as a diphragm reg if conditions were right, but I've never heard of this happening.

Not a hit on Chrpai, but I've heard the same comments elsewhere and find it a bit odd.
    No offense taken. I didn't present the idea as my own. Now that I've owned a fill station for a couple years, I've come to the conclusion that dealing with oxygen is a bit like deco theory. We all know what causes fires but exactly what must be done vs what might be overkill is a bit on the grey zone side. Some argue that no scuba valve is suitable for use due to bends in the flow path. At some point I just learn everything I can, apply everything that can be reasonably applied and take my changes.

Quote Originally Posted by IowaCaveDiver View Post
    This seems a bit far fetched... has anyone had/known of a reg exploding with 100% o2 use? I would think a piston style reg would burn/explode just as easy as a diphragm reg if conditions were right, but I've never heard of this happening.

Not a hit on Chrpai, but I've heard the same comments elsewhere and find it a bit odd.
    We had a Scubapro blow in Superior a few years ago. I was at the 30 foot stop when my partner charged the bottle. It took the top off the first stage.