Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Putting Together O2 Regulator For Deco

So,

Looking towards the deco process and interested in opinions on which gear to invest in for an O2 Deco regulator.

Currently looking at the Dive Rite setup and the DGX setup which is a Deep Six regulator. Any opinions?

Thanks for your input.

Dominick

Dominick Gheesling

Hike your own hike.

what are the rest of your regulators?

Quote Originally Posted by tbone1004 View Post
    what are the rest of your regulators?
    Scubapro MK20, Scubapro MK25, Scubapro G250, Scubapro Balanced Adjustable (which I will likely be replacing with Dive Rite XT2).

I also have two MK10s, another G250, and a dive rite XT2

Dominick Gheesling

Hike your own hike.

O2 clean one of the MK10's, and stick a G250 or the BA on there whichever you prefer. No need to buy something new when you have those regs. I'd just use the MK20/g250 and MK25/g250 as your primary, and a mk10/BA for your O2 reg.

I use MK10/109 as my deco regs, quite happy with them

I use a mk10/g250 from ebay I had sludge clean up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used HOG d3/zenith setups for all of my regs (deco/stage and Sidemount bottles). Great performance and value. Plus hog is one of the only manufacturers I know of that will teach any certified diver to work on their own regulators and perform rebuilds and tuning.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Moderator CDF-STAFF Member

I can't figure out why anyone would breathe a great regulator during a dive, then switch to a piece of crap for a long deco. All of my regs are the same (Mark 20 with G-250).

Whoever said money can't buy love never bought a puppy.

Mark 10s although older, move more gas than a Mark 20. My first set up was two Mk10s for backgas, and wouldn't hesitate to use one as a primary and move the Mk 20 to a deco roll. But, since deco regs tend to get stuck places where these is sand or silt,environmentally sealed has its advantage.

"Not all change is improvement...but all improvement is change" Donald Berwick

Quote Originally Posted by IowaCaveDiver View Post
    I used HOG d3/zenith setups for all of my regs (deco/stage and Sidemount bottles). Great performance and value. Plus hog is one of the only manufacturers I know of that will teach any certified diver to work on their own regulators and perform rebuilds and tuning.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I use the Hog D1s for back gas and the Deep6 reg (similiar to Hog D3) for deco. I like the form factor of the reg as it allows the low pressure turret to fully rotate giving me nice hose routing. Deep6 goes one step further and includes your first service kit right in the box.

Some don't like to use diaphragm regulators because they see the diaphragm as a big fuel source for a fire. I'm not to worried about that.

I'm in the same mindset of the others here, use a good breathing reg for deco.

I do have a dive rite o2 reg, the second stage breathes great. The unbalanced piston isn't that good deep, but you shouldn't use it beyond 20' anyway because it's an oxygen reg. That dive rite o2 reg's main purpose is to be my deco reg while in a habitat, so it also has a 7' hose and I only use it on dives where I'm in a dry box at 20'. The rest of the time I just grab one of my stage regs from my milk crate and use that.

Ken Sallot