Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Adler View Post
    Nice short dive here on Saturday. Flow was strong. Vis was better than expected. I would say around 30-40' past the sinks, but seemed to degrade past the Rifts which is where we turned.

Do a lot of folks scooter this cave? I must say frog kicking through the mud flats against the flow, just about kicked my butt. At least in at Ginnie and LR, you can get out of the flow or grab the occasional pull. Sections of this cave are all flow-in-face finning.
    We scooter upriver and leave our scooters just before or just after the first gap. I'm sure you could scooter it, but I dont personally know of or hear of people regularly doing it and the flows never been too awful when I was there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rddvet View Post
    We scooter upriver and leave our scooters just before or just after the first gap. I'm sure you could scooter it, but I dont personally know of or hear of people regularly doing it and the flows never been too awful when I was there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've never been to Telford, why not scooter it? You already have the scooters in the cave

Quote Originally Posted by Pavão View Post
    I've never been to Telford, why not scooter it? You already have the scooters in the cave
    We thought the same thing recently...and we found out it wasn't really worth it. There's some deep silt through the whole place, and lots of the cave is rather slim top to bottom. We spent a fair bit of the dive pushing scooters ahead of us rather than riding the trigger, so we eventually got tired of it and dropped them. Once you get a few Ts back in the system, it gets tighter. I didn't really feel bad for dropping the scooters when we did. The flow isn't terrible in there, so you don't really need a scooter to explore the place.

Scooters weren't helpful but those deathboxes sure were! We had such a good time we lost track of time... TotDoc LOVES floating the river in the dark

Last edited by pink arrows; 03-19-2018 at 12:51 AM. Reason: Autocorrect is a #####