Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mine Diving

Default Mine Diving

I would like to dive something like this, but id rather have tanks...

MINE DIVING

Cool Death Wish !

Suicide diving !
    No line to exit....No back ups...one main source of light.....no training....no tanks....?
    --

Seems like there may be excessive risk here... what happens in a scooter failure?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want to see some funny redneck quarry diving check out my youtube account..

http://www.youtube.com/user/GoDeepif...n?feature=mhum

Now we wait to find some genious at the park bench on a breath hold........

Quote Originally Posted by JE View Post
    Suicide diving !
    No line to exit....No back ups...one main source of light.....no training....no tanks....?
    --
    No exit line needed, there are backup divers, so they probably have scooters and lights for backup. Why do you think he has no training?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by EngelenD View Post
    No exit line needed, there are backup divers, so they probably have scooters and lights for backup.
    'Backup divers' also need a line.

It seems to me that gopros and youtube make attention seeking people do even more stupid stuff. Look at the jackass movies or these people eating soap to get views... especially teenagers love to watch people being idiots it seems.

Sooner or later of these free divers will drown and yet another dive site will be closed. That's how it goes over here .

Yes, you are right ! And I would never dive without a line but I think in this particular mine and this part of the mine there is no risk for bad visibility or taking a wrong turn. Also the backup divers probably dive that mine on a very regular basis. Not saying it?s the way to do things and it does give wrong impressions to some but my guess is they know what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by EngelenD View Post
    ... is no risk for bad visibility or taking a wrong turn. Also the backup divers probably dive that mine on a very regular basis. Not saying it?s the way to do things and it does give wrong impressions to some but my guess is they know what they are doing.
    No risk to take a wrong turn? They don't need a line because they know the mine/cave and you guess they know what they are doing?

Yeah whatever , I see a video and I?m not going to judge without knowing their preparations / work they did to prevent accidents or how many backup divers are there for support, it looks like there are some with lights on almost every corner. I wouldn?t go deep on a single breath so sure no overhead but I guess everyone his own goals

this is an apnoe world record holder and full apnoe professional.
    I would be very surprised if there wasn't sufficient safety teams, backup scooters, tons of alternative gas supplies etc. that simply are not shown in the video.

As for "knowing" the mine. well that was the practice of the early wreck divers as well. So it is not something that is completely out of the realm, surely not state of the art, but they want to put on a big show it seems..

My personal opinion of "advertising" such behavior as shown in the video: I do not like it and I also think it gives a very bad example and has risk to create "followers"

but as far as the production itself goes I would agree with my Belgium lad here, we do not see what is not shown on camera and given the overall reputation and value of Redl I would assume it has been conducted very safe.. They even might have lines not shown in the vid.. who knows..