Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Ozark Forum Moderator

Default Jackson Blue Query

If you've been to JB lately, please give us an update. Thanks in advance.

Moderator CDF-STAFF Member

It's been a couple of weeks but 100' of vis, and very low flow. I scootered to Stage Rock (p2,500') and back in under thirty minutes. On an old scooter on 7.

Whoever said money can't buy love never bought a puppy.

Lots of rain in the JB springshed on Sunday, and the pond level is up ever so slightly. Am hoping that in addition to the rain we are expecting this week will nudge the flow up a bit. I don't have a dive report since then but will post once i hear.

I’ll be there tomorrow and let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleC View Post
    Lots of rain in the JB springshed on Sunday, and the pond level is up ever so slightly. Am hoping that in addition to the rain we are expecting this week will nudge the flow up a bit. I don't have a dive report since then but will post once i hear.
    We dove it Monday and Tuesday morning (though it was a short dive yesterday) after all the rain and the cave was about the same as it was before the rain: very low flow, very good viz.

Just got out of the water, pond is low, flow is down, viz is as usual all the way in (didn’t go past 3800 but no reason to suspect poor viz beyond that). Rained most afternoon.
    On a side note, there’s a used stage bottle at stage rock (did not check the spg but it sits upright), and there was nobody else there but me. Why would anyone leave a used stage behind? I can come up with a scenario where one would drop it and come back a different route, but unlikely to be the case here.

Quote Originally Posted by LMN View Post
    Just got out of the water, pond is low, flow is down, viz is as usual all the way in (didn?t go past 3800 but no reason to suspect poor viz beyond that). Rained most afternoon.
    On a side note, there?s a used stage bottle at stage rock (did not check the spg but it sits upright), and there was nobody else there but me. Why would anyone leave a used stage behind? I can come up with a scenario where one would drop it and come back a different route, but unlikely to be the case here.
    Partially used bottle dropped as a safety for a later dive. There was an incident where someone's safety bottle meant a diver didnt die in JB. I'd prefer a full safety, but I guess of you got 1500 in a bottle you could drop it for "just in case" scenarios.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rddvet View Post
    Partially used bottle dropped as a safety for a later dive.
    I thought of that, and I can see that happening if you plan on diving again right away and not having a full stage with you. But if you leave the dive site, wouldn’t it make more sense to pick it up and fill it? I mean, Edd is just 5 minutes away. Unless whoever left it was planning on diving again but had to leave for whatever reason, thus being unable to pick it up. Anyway, if whoever left it behind reads this and wants it out, I’m going back tomorrow, just let me know.

So many factors and what ifs. Plus people are friggin weird. But yes I'd think you'd want to air on the side of caution and fill it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rddvet View Post
    But yes I'd think you'd want to air on the side of caution...
    I always keep my air on the side of caution. :P