Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jlillest View Post
    I always keep my air on the side of caution. :P
    Err seems like such a weird word so I've developed the habit of writing air. Guess it works in this case

Mystery solved, PM’d with the owner, it’s a full safety, just has trimix in it.

Moderator CDF-STAFF Member

No big deal, but there was a stage at Stage Rock when I was there several weeks ago. And I was the only diver in the park.

Whoever said money can't buy love never bought a puppy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sludge View Post
    No big deal, but there was a stage at Stage Rock when I was there several weeks ago. And I was the only diver in the park.
    Still there today. But it is obviously a full safety as it lays flat on the bottom, whereas the other one just next to it appeared used due to its position.

Quote Originally Posted by Sludge View Post
    ...there was a stage at Stage Rock when I was there several weeks ago.
    Good thing. Otherwise it would just be Rock.

At least you saw it looked empty and asked. There's a person in high springs that used to love turning on peoples stages when they passed them to see how much was in them. Kinda pissed people off obviously. I was taught to leave other people's stages alone unless there was something obviously wrong like a free flow that needs correcting. But how often do you see that.

Quote Originally Posted by rddvet View Post
    At least you saw it looked empty and asked. There's a person in high springs that used to love turning on peoples stages when they passed them to see how much was in them. Kinda pissed people off obviously. I was taught to leave other people's stages alone unless there was something obviously wrong like a free flow that needs correcting. But how often do you see that.
    I had a safety I left in a cave once. It was probably in there for a month or better. On my last dive there I was going to breathe it down some on the way out as the entrance is sm and it is much easier to get a floaty stage out than a full one. When I went to turn it on it blew bubbles everywhere. I took the 1st stage off and the o-ring just fell out. I had pressurized everything before leaving it. I have always wondered if someone loosened the valve. I would like to think that there aren't that big of a holes out there but I guess you never know.

Moderator CDF-STAFF Member

Quote Originally Posted by rddvet View Post
    I was taught to leave other people's [stuff] alone.
    Yes, there was a popular book in the 1980s entitled All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten.

Whoever said money can't buy love never bought a puppy.

Quick update, since yesterday the flow picked up a bit and viz went down by 20-30 ft towards the back, now only about 40-50 ft and milky. It seemed to me that only the main passage was affected, as both Deloach Delight and the front part of Source Nouveau were great.

Ozark Forum Moderator

Had to leave a stage in Cannonball a couple of seasons ago till the following season, about six months. Had so much sediment on it that I almost couldn't find it. I had pressured it up and turned it off before the dive; still had the exact same pressure reading before I turned it back on and I breathed it all the way back out. Your updates are appreciated; hope it holds till conference time!