Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JuanEsLucas View Post
    Usually the border of the video light is warmer than the center area, so if you set the lamps in angle in the way you are doing the center of the image would result more yellow than the border.
    By the way I am Juan, a brand new cave diver from Spain, I am sorry if my english is nit so correct but I think this is your problem. If you use this video torchs you should point them in the same direction that the camera is pointing, if not, you will catch the yellow ring that is projected arrond each lamp, as you can appreciate by instance in this photo.

Enviado desde mi SM-G930F mediante Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gschaut View Post
    No, the color aberrations are caused by two different colors (frequency) of light heterodyning against each other.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heterodyne
    Heterodyning! That's my new word for the day!

By the way I am Juan, a brand new cave diver from Spain, I am sorry if my english is nit so correct but I think this is your problem. If you use this video torchs you should point them in the same direction that the camera is pointing, if not, you will catch the yellow ring that is projected arrond each lamp, as you can appreciate by instance in this photo.

Welcome to the forum and beautiful photo!

Ken Sallot

Quote Originally Posted by kensuf View Post
    Welcome to the forum and beautiful photo!
    Thanks!
    It is not my photo, iit was just a screenshot to show the problem.

Moderator CDF-STAFF Member

I am sorry if my english is not so correct
    Whenever foreigners apologize for their English I just think, "Dude, your English is about a thousand times better than my Spanish!"

Welcome, Juan!

Whoever said money can't buy love never bought a puppy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sludge View Post
    Whenever foreigners apologize for their English I just think, "Dude, your English is about a thousand times better than my Spanish!"

Welcome, Juan!
    Thanks Sludge!

It is a beautiful photo, and your English is great.

Are you saying that with two lights, the color distortion is inevitable? Would you use just one?

Thank you diver42

The colour distortion is inevitable whenever the outside yellow ring of the light is captured in the video.
    By instance when the camera and/or the lamp orientation or position are not coincident.
    Even if they are coincident but the angle of the camera is wider than the angle of the lamp the external yellow ring would be captured
    This problem is more obvious when the yellow ring is not centred in the image

In your case the left and right lamps are settled in a way that both yellow rings are crossed in the middle of the image making very visible the differences in the tone.

I would suggest if it is possible to set the lamps parallel not making an angle so both are centred in the image. Probably you would capture more suspension particles in the video but the colour would be much better.

The other solution, if you can't modify the angle of the lamps in the helmet is to use a difuser. You will lower the light power but you will see no ring at all.

Here is an example of my diy omni diffuser.

Using the diffuser of a cheap home led lamp

Without diffuser the yellow ring and the differences in the tone between the center and the border are quite obvious.

With the diffuser the differences are unappreciables

That's excellent. What are some good materials for diffusers?

Quote Originally Posted by diver42 View Post
    That's excellent. What are some good materials for diffusers?
    I have been looking for some alternative solutions to this as well. Ping pong balls cut in half fit on my lights quite well but eat a lot of light. So I am continuing to keep my eye out for other potential materials to make a simple hack with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
    -Ferris Bueller

The most certain way to stumble into the future, is to live your life looking over your shoulder.
    -Jeff Hawes after getting a huge mulligan...