Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread

Default Cape Town, on verge of running out of water, braces for chaos

"Men wanted for hazardous journey. Low wages, bitter cold, long hours of complete darkness. Safe return doubtful. Honour and recognition in event of success."

Earnest Shackleton

A taste of what 21st century will look like unfortunately..

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Ken Sallot

Heard Capetown got a good rain today. Droughts don't last forever, neither does climate change.

What the report doesn't say is that, there is a whole political corrupt mess around it, that water is under the national Government's control and that the Western Cape is under the Opposition party's control, Temporary desalination plants can be set up in about 8 weeks but there is all types of political maneuvering - Some of private hospital groups identified the problem sometime ago and installed there own permanent desalination plants.

I have a sister and a mother staying down there. My sister has ground water and they are carting water to an old age home were the old people are already only been given thirty seconds of shower time to wash - people are down to 50l water allocation per day and you can only buy about 2 gallons of bottled water in shops at a time - airlines are allowing you to take 1 gallon of bottled water with over and above your hand luggage - its a bloody mess down there

On a good news side fruit farmers inland released 10 000 000 cubic meters or 35 million cubic feet of water out of there private dams.
    https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/N...-town-20180205

https://m.news24.com/SouthAfrica/New...nline-20180201

Quote Originally Posted by diverdarren View Post
    Droughts don't last forever, neither does climate change.
    Oh boy... I love when People use mirco chips, fiber optics, travel on planes, go to the doctor etc. but think science is witchcraft if it does something they can't sit on or buy at best buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dive Africa View Post
    What the report doesn't say is that, there is a whole political corrupt mess around it, that water is under the national Government's control and that the Western Cape is under the Opposition party's control, Temporary desalination plants can be set up in about 8 weeks but there is all types of political maneuvering - Some of private hospital groups identified the problem sometime ago and installed there own permanent desalination plants.

I have a sister and a mother staying down there. My sister has ground water and they are carting water to an old age home were the old people are already only been given thirty seconds of shower time to wash - people are down to 50l water allocation per day and you can only buy about 2 gallons of bottled water in shops at a time - airlines are allowing you to take 1 gallon of bottled water with over and above your hand luggage - its a bloody mess down there

On a good news side fruit farmers inland released 10 000 000 cubic meters or 35 million cubic feet of water out of there private dams.
    https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/N...-town-20180205

https://m.news24.com/SouthAfrica/New...nline-20180201
    Thank you for the additional information and links.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Men wanted for hazardous journey. Low wages, bitter cold, long hours of complete darkness. Safe return doubtful. Honour and recognition in event of success."

Earnest Shackleton