Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Ginnie Cave DPV

Quote Originally Posted by Adler View Post
    What agency does this? Sorry, but that does not sound right.

PSAI offers an Overhead Sidemount Diver course. At least, they used to. The folks at Ginnie have never asked me to produce that card when renewing my annual.

" My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr

Quote Originally Posted by Adler View Post
    What agency does this? Sorry, but that does not sound right.
    IANTD, PATD, CMAS, TDI, etc. I think all agencies allow this.

Equipment OC is or doubles , or sidemount. After the (full) cave course you can do the advanced cave course sidemount/no mount cave course.
    You can do intro to cave in sidemount too.

Some references from Internet:
    http://www.iantd.uk.com/courses-cave.php
    All bottom mix tanks must be equipped with dual-outlet (H or Y) valves or double tanks, which may be either side-mounted or with dual orifice manifold

http://www.underthejungle.com/en/tdi...-diver-course/
    Equipment: Back Mount or Side Mount Tec Rig Using Double Cylinders

Even cavern can be done in sidemount already.

In a (full) cave course you don't do equipment removal. This is part of an advanced cave sidemount/no mount course.

What does a persons vehicle have to do with this? What I?m getting at, once a diver enters the water aren?t they leaving GSO?s property? So how would GSO be libel? Just wondering.
    Quote Originally Posted by rddvet View Post
    Wheres's your car located

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Scuba Al View Post
    What does a persons vehicle have to do with this? What I?m getting at, once a diver enters the water aren?t they leaving GSO?s property? So how would GSO be libel? Just wondering.
    Even if you're not liable in a suit, the cost of defending yourself is high. How many companies -- and individuals -- have gone bankrupt over the cost of defending themselves against something? Many.

Because when you're wife sues Ginnie when you die, her lawyer will say your car was on their property so they're liable for you death to try to defeat Ginnie's lawyer who says you died off their property.

The problem is you're thinking from a normal person's perspective. Think from the perspective of either a lawyer trying to get paid the most bucks possible for his client, Ginnie's insurers who want the leas tliability possible, or Ginnie who wants to minimize liability and cost of their insurance.

This is worse then politics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roadkill

Al, the same logic could apply to the divers who perished at School sink. Did the CDS attorney use this as a defense? I don't think they did for a reason.

"Not all change is improvement...but all improvement is change" Donald Berwick

I never understood how some of these private cave owners manage to get insurance for divers to exceed their agency standards. It certainly adds risk by precluding an instructor from diving with them unless of course they are in a class.

"The greatest enemy to knowledge is not ignorance. It is the illusion of knowledge." Stephen Hawking.

DiveSprings.com

Quote Originally Posted by Seanmeboy View Post
    I never understood how some of these private cave owners manage to get insurance for divers to exceed their agency standards. It certainly adds risk by precluding an instructor from diving with them unless of course they are in a class.
    Sean, it comes down to respecting the desire of the landowner who has granted accessibility. Then it comes down to is it worthwhile to maintain access for the majority because the small minority expose them to risk and liability.

"Not all change is improvement...but all improvement is change" Donald Berwick

I think all you guys should just stop going to GSO. That will show them, the heartless bastards. Yeah, I know that will only leave you with a hundred or so caves to dive in Florida, but sometimes you just have to make a statement against injustice.

"Be kind to people on the way up - you'll meet them again on your way down"
    "My wife has a slight impediment in her speech. Every now and then she stops to breathe."
    "Man is the only animal that can be skinned more than once."

My Favorite:
    "Why can't everybody leave everybody else the hell alone"

Jimmy Durante 1-29-1980

"There she was - the cave. Like a big craggy jaw, waiting to snap at anything that came along." Lloyd "Mike Nelson" Bridges 3-10-1998