Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread

Default Wanted: dirt cheap vr3

A different thread got me thinking how I'd like to experiment with off-board monitoring on my Inspo. Does anyone have a ccr unlocked vr3 collecting dust, that they're willing to let go for dirt cheap?

Jim

I’ve got one kicking around. What kind of dirt cheap you thinking?

Just a question. How hard is it to have one unlocked since the other features have to be unlocked. Still have the key code but it was only for C3-C Open Circuit Trimix can they be hacked?

Quote Originally Posted by bruceman View Post
    Just a question. How hard is it to have one unlocked since the other features have to be unlocked. Still have the key code but it was only for C3-C Open Circuit Trimix can they be hacked?
    I seem to remember seeing somewhere over on RBW that a company over in England took over support for the Sentinel rebreather, and might be doing the vr3 as well. I also vaguely remember seeing someone saying that you could email a guy, pay him, and he could give unlock codes. Not sure how kosher that one was, but I never looked into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Macdyver View Post
    I’ve got one kicking around. What kind of dirt cheap you thinking?
    I sent you a PM.

Default Vr3

I have one 200 obo unlocked.

Any excess vr3 computers out there? I have prism topaz that I can't quite justify a shearwater for yet but would like to see how I do with a digital redundant secondary and get deco calculations on the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Northernone View Post
    Any excess vr3 computers out there? I have prism topaz that I can't quite justify a shearwater for yet but would like to see how I do with a digital redundant secondary and get deco calculations on the fly.
    all depends on the pricing..
    I have one.. but it is not collecting dust.
    I have it in use with a fisher cable and old o2 cells that I am not happy to use in the loop anymore but still do a good job for analysing nitrox..
    so at this point it is my oxygen analyser..
    Not the greatest setup but works..
    so to let go of it I would have to at least be able to get a decent oxygen analyser and a cherry on top..

it is fully unlocked

I've hot a brand new one, never been in water, all the codes I believe

Right. So I found a VR3 at a price that I wanted to spend, and it came in the mail today. Spent a while getting the 4th cell kit in my Inspo, passed leak check positive and negative, and got ready to go dive. Figured I'd calibrate it at the house instead of futzing around with the manual in a parking lot.

Unplugged the stopper on the vr3 to find I managed to get one with a 2 cell socket, while I have a 7 pin cable. Doh! I did know there were two types out there, but that info was filed in a dusty box of memories along with how to change a typewriter ribbon.

Anyone have a 2 pin Fischer cable just sitting around collecting dust?

Jim

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk