Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by rddvet View Post
    I thought about that. Just wondered it adding another hole in the suit was smart.
    I've had them in 4 tri lam suits. It's not really an issue. MIght be in a neoprene, but I'd guess that's not what you are dealing with.

Last edited by FW; 01-12-2018 at 01:53 PM. Reason: fixed quote

EDIT: Saw this was already posted above.
    I'm using the dedicated Light Monkey bulkhead that requires adding another hole in the suit. It doesn't swivel but the benefit is you can install it anywhere you want.

http://www.lightmonkey.us/drysuit-heater-adapter

It's very low profile and you could theoretically install it somewhere hidden like in near a pocket or in the telescoping torso of the drysuit or any custom location you want.

I actually just installed mine a few days ago but I have some friends that have been using theirs for past year without issues.

Quote Originally Posted by rddvet View Post
    You have this one and it swivels?

http://www.lightmonkey.us/dual-outlet-heater-valve
    Nope, misunderstood which one you meant. I use the stacked one: http://www.lightmonkey.us/inflator-valve-

I had read somewhere that the flow through the combo inflators was significantly less than through a regular one, so I figured I'd try the stack cap 1st, and if it seemed to bulky or caused me problems, then I would try one of the combo valves. Never had any problem from the added profile of the stack cap, so I stuck with it. Inflator rotates normally on top of the stack.

i used a sandwiched adapter for several years and never really had an issue with the extra height/thickness of the valve. I bought a new suit, that had a different brand valve, so I've been using the Light Monkey Heater valve for the last 2 years. The LM is a cleaner package than the sandwiched adapter was, but as you've noted, it doesn't rotate. My vote goes to the LM valve if you can deal with the fixed location of the inflator attachment.

Quote Originally Posted by TotDoc View Post
    Nope, misunderstood which one you meant. I use the stacked one: http://www.lightmonkey.us/inflator-valve-

I had read somewhere that the flow through the combo inflators was significantly less than through a regular one, so I figured I'd try the stack cap 1st, and if it seemed to bulky or caused me problems, then I would try one of the combo valves. Never had any problem from the added profile of the stack cap, so I stuck with it. Inflator rotates normally on top of the stack.
    I have a Santi combo inflator/bulkhead. Although I haven't been specifically looking for it, I haven't noticed any obvious reduction in inflation speed. Mechanically, there's no reason that there should be.

I have this one, Comes in different colors

Quote Originally Posted by madmosche View Post
    If the swivel or low profile inflator is important to you, check out the Light Monkey standalone heater bulkhead. I put it on my right side just above my pocket and tuck the cord into my pocket during the dive. http://shop.lightmonkey.us/Drysuit-H...ble_p_204.html
    I've got those bulkheads in two of my suits. They're low profile and worry free. Gamble also did an amazing thing with the second suit and made a special "pocket" for the EO cord pigtail that allows me to tuck it in between the suit zipper and the outer zipper, really slick stuff.

Ken Sallot

Quote Originally Posted by kensuf View Post
    I've got those bulkheads in two of my suits. They're low profile and worry free. Gamble also did an amazing thing with the second suit and made a special "pocket" for the EO cord pigtail that allows me to tuck it in between the suit zipper and the outer zipper, really slick stuff.
    I talked to him yesterday and he told me he could do that or to take a look at the SItech as it swivels and is low profile. If you get really bored, a picture would be cool. He explained the different spots where he could put it, but I couldn't fully imagine his pocket