Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Illuminated bottom timer

My eyes are fine on land, but underwater I'm having issues reading numbers. So I'm looking for a new bottom timer with good illumination. I'd rather not drop $900 on a Perdix, but I do like the display. So what's out there? I'm still using a UWATEC bottom timer.

NACD and GUE instructor

http://www.tuimelaar.eu/

Depending on your needs and if you like the Perdix, consider a pre-enjoyed Shearwater Perdix or Petrel. The average selling price is about $600 or less. If you don't require a compass, a Petrel 1 can be had for $350-$500.

I think the best deal is buying something a few months old then you have the balance of the Shearwater 2 year warranty. Search Perdix & Petrel in the Gear Sale forum for reference and keep your eyes peeled. Happy hunting.

The most powerful minds are the ones that can be changed.

You can get a Mares puck dive computer with backlight for about $150. I'm not sure if that has a gage mode or not, but its way cheaper than the other options listed thus far.

Jason Gulley

Find someone selling an XDeep Black or equivalent. They usually sell for ~300 on the used market and have BIG numbers with an OLED display.

Is it time for a new prescription? Your "low light level" vision is always poorer than visual acuity in bright sunlight.

Take only photos, leave only bubbles, kill only time.

Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    You can get a Mares puck dive computer with backlight for about $150. I'm not sure if that has a gage mode or not, but its way cheaper than the other options listed thus far.

I have a mares puck I never use that I'd happily trade for a backplate and harness or a wing comparable to a diverite rec wing or maybe some other gear. whatcha got?

Thanks. I'll check those out.

For just a bottomtimer the Deepblu Cosmiq computers can be an option too then. They are here 290 euro and have a colordisplay.

I wonder why industry did not come up yet with audible decomressimeter. We have bullet logger devices. Why can not make one integrated with buzzer or speaker inside programmable via bluetooth? Stick it in neoprene hood (or there might be more nice places ...)? Comes to mind the problem with power supply but how hard would be charge it inductively?... Just a past coffee break thought.

Last edited by ARY; 05-17-2018 at 01:46 PM. Reason: added about nice places