Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread

Default Cave diving and whale watching in the Dominican Republic

Is it feasible to coordinate a cave diving trip to the DR and also easily partake in reliable whale watching or snorkeling/diving with humpbacks without driving all over the country? If yes, is there a single shop or guide you would recommend that can/would handle both? If there isn?t a single operator that would handle both, any recommendations on making it happen?

TIA

Mark

contact Victoria Alexandrova at VIP Divers. she is on FB and should be able to help

Quote Originally Posted by patpicos View Post
    contact Victoria Alexandrova at VIP Divers. she is on FB and should be able to help
    Thanks

The whales are in samana, there are caves in various areas so it might be possible depending on how many caves you want to dive...metro and caribe buses are a cheap way to get around but you are talking 2-4 hours of driving, it's not too bad. Uber is cheap and Altice cell service is comparable to the US, might want to get a sim and pay for a month of internet.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1987
    "But nothing gets accomplished in sidemount!"

Quote Originally Posted by JahJahwarrior View Post
    The whales are in samana, there are caves in various areas so it might be possible depending on how many caves you want to dive...metro and caribe buses are a cheap way to get around but you are talking 2-4 hours of driving, it's not too bad. Uber is cheap and Altice cell service is comparable to the US, might want to get a sim and pay for a month of internet.
    Are there decent caves near Samana and are there Dive operations that can handle both guided cave diving and whale activities or would I need to use two different companies to manage both activities? Any recommendations? Which airport is most convenient for Samana?

Thanks

Victoria would be the best contact, I have not been able to dive here as much as I hoped so I'm behind the curve for diving info. I imagine it would be separate companies but Victoria could probably help with organizing both...how is your Spanish?

Santo domingo airport is the best. I prefer Santiago but it's further away from both by 2 hours. Santo domingo also has more flight options.

Let me know when you visit!

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1987
    "But nothing gets accomplished in sidemount!"