Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Accommodations Near High Springs / Lack City

Hello
    I was wondering if anyone knew of a rental home or trailer in the High Springs or Lack City area that can accommodate 4 people that is clean and in good condition.
    Thank you

Give Wayne Kinard at Amigo's a call. He manages several properties and has what you are looking for. His cell is 386-288-4895

Airbnb has worked well for me.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by bamafan View Post
    Airbnb has worked well for me.
    Can you post (or PM if you prefer) some links. I found Airbnb to be pretty wanting in the High Springs/Ft. White area in terms of $value and actual accommodations. Solo or group of 2 were okish, but groups of 3-5 were difficult.

Not to say that there aren't accommodations, but Wayne is by far the easiest to get what you need. He even has contacts and will put you in touch with one or two "competitors" what you need isn't available.

I believe most the dive shops have/can recommend places for rent too. EE has a place with a van available. Etc

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Jeff Rouse
    Chicago, IL

Bill Oestreich from Birds Underwater also has a very nice rental house near Ginnie Springs. I stayed two nights in his place and it was very enjoyable. His shop's number is 352-563-2763.

Cave excursions has some nice houses

Quote Originally Posted by CptTightPants21 View Post
    Can you post (or PM if you prefer) some links. I found Airbnb to be pretty wanting in the High Springs/Ft. White area in terms of $value and actual accommodations. Solo or group of 2 were okish, but groups of 3-5 were difficult.

Not to say that there aren't accommodations, but Wayne is by far the easiest to get what you need. He even has contacts and will put you in touch with one or two "competitors" what you need isn't available.
    I haven't tried to rent from Wayne in probably 2 years. I have sent people there but none of his places were dog friendly as of 2 years ago. It has been a few years since I stayed in High Springs / Ft White but I spent a few days in a little trailer / cabin just to the left as you enter the Rum Island park. At the time there were 3 dogs with me. I have used Airbnb numerous times since then in lots of other locations and have never had a bad experience. I know of a guy who woke up to a drunk naked owner who forgot that he rented the place out and crawled in bed with the tenant. If Wayne's suits you that is fine as his and Cathy's hostel type accommodations are probably the cheapest for a single traveler or 2 but there are options that don't specifically cater to cave divers out there and in my experience Airbnb is a good resource for these anywhere in the world.

Hi

I can highly recommend the Scubaforce USA house. I stayed there several times and it is a great place.

http://scubaforceusa.com/en-us/Cave-Diving-Florida

It`s located in Lake City and all the great springs are close by.

The price includes also some tanks and the house can accommodate up to six people.

Get in touch with James Draker, he will take care about your needs.

If you have any further questions.... just ask.

best regards

Tim