Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tek dive usa

Default Tek dive usa

The NSS/CDS would like to be visible at TEK DIVE USA this year in Orlando FL.# The price of a booth is very expensive so I am asking any of you out there if you feel inclined, please help us make the event.# Any donation would be greatly appreciated.# There are no discounts for 501C3 organizations so we are all chipping in to make it possible to be present.#
    If you have any interest please contact me : alclements1@cox.net# for your contribution.
    Thank you all in advance and have a very special Holiday Season.

that is a real shame that a tech diving event does not support agencies focusing on conservation and technical diving education.

Quote Originally Posted by patpicos View Post
    that is a real shame that a tech diving event does not support agencies focusing on conservation and technical diving education.
    Wow, considering the nonprofits supply the lines, signs etc to make it possible for them to teach, and are integral in land owner relations to help maintain access so they can teach there.

"Not all change is improvement...but all improvement is change" Donald Berwick

I was told the venue was so expensive and limited space that they could not afford to discount space.
    We really need to be there so I am asking for donations.

Hey, any chance a donation could include a CCR cave crossover card

That's really a shame; I would bet that if enough attention was drawn to the issue the organizers might be willing to offer some sort of discount to 501c3s.

"I was told the venue was so expensive and limited space that they could not afford to discount space."
    I've worked in conference management before and unless the venue is charging them per exhibitor-which I really doubt- that is just an excuse. I doubt that space is so limited that providing NSS-CDS space would prevent them from selling that space to someone else, and even if that was the case I'm sure they could find a little area where they could fit a table.

Problem is if they give a discount to one 501c3, they're going to have to give a discount to all 501c3s.

How much can the venue be. To get in as a guest it's already pretty steep at 130 bucks per day and they seem to have a bunch of sponsors. Im sure the speakers are gonna be great but at this price it almost seems like a bit of a rip-off. Bummer that they don't support the CDS, especially since there are hardly any non-profits left.

It seems to me that the instructors with the CDS would be the greatest beneficiaries of the CDS attending events like this. If this is the case then why are they not paying for the costs associated with these events?

Quote Originally Posted by bamafan View Post
    It seems to me that the instructors with the CDS would be the greatest beneficiaries of the CDS attending events like this. If this is the case then why are they not paying for the costs associated with these events?
    As an instructor I would expect my annual dues to be used for promoting the agency and the instructional aspect of it.

Now how about sharing a booth with one of the many sponsors of the NSS-CDS? Surely there must be win win scenarios where both could benefit from each other and mutually promote each others business.

Administrator Forum Admin

Quote Originally Posted by nakatomi View Post
    As an instructor I would expect my annual dues to be used for promoting the agency and the instructional aspect of it.

Now how about sharing a booth with one of the many sponsors of the NSS-CDS? Surely there must be win win scenarios where both could benefit from each other and mutually promote each others business.
    Good idea.

Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers