Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

I think a major benefit that hasn't been touched on is customer service. I recently talked to someone who was having some rebreather issues and had to send their unit overseas for repair. Said the turn around time was about 3 weeks. For someone who dives their rebreather almost exclusively that's 3 weeks with no diving. I have KISS SCCR and on a few occasions I've had to contact KISS for repairs or replacements. Not only were they super prompt with replying but also got me what I needed in just a couple days. A company that is based in the US has a lot of perks which is worth a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by v101 View Post
    So far I am very happy with the unit, I have a hardwired Shearwater computer, and recently picked up a backup nerd, I like the idea of having a redundant computer for the monitoring of my PP02. Overall I am very pleased with the unit, its easy to transport also with the size, it cleans up quickly after a dive, and is easily put together before a dive, I am still not as fast at getting everything put together, but slow and steady is ok with me, as once assembled I can have plenty of bottom time.

Currently I have around 35-40 HRS post training on the unit.
    How do you like the nerd? I like the idea of having all the info in my face, but I wonder if it's TMI/too big and I'm going to bonk my cheek into it. Edd showed me the Liberty, I like the HUD on that, it's very much like the P1: green means go (on set point), red means you're dead (high PPO2), blue means you're going to turn blue (low PPO2). I'm using a Shearwater blinky HUD, which is tiny and simple, and a Petral with a Fischer cable showing PPO2 of each cell and that's working out fine so far.

Sidemount rebreather harnesses are awkward beasts no matter what you do with them, it's like you're wrestling the things. I tend to flip the loop back over my head while I'm monkeying with plugging stuff in, and my loop hoses have big brass nuts that connect the DSV (for weight). I have nailed myself in the head with it more than once bending over to reach something, that's why I ask about the Nerd.