Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by jtgator View Post
    I bought a Seaskin custom suit a few months ago. Got 6 dives on it and am very happy with it. I got all the options including zipper upgrades for about $900.
    It fits perfect and the neoprene seems durable and was so warm I was burning up in a fleece undergarment. Everyone who see it comments on how nice it looks a fits. The only complaint would be the zipper is really stiff. If you don't want to wait a couple months or are not comfortable ordering from Great Britain then Steve Gamble can certainly help.
    This was where I (and OFG) were trying to lead Jason, Steve is currently recommending??? endorsing???? no just giving the advise that this is where you should be spending your hard earned dollars.... That is a few weeks old and he could have changed his view by now but I doubt it..... Talk to Steve... Rely on the master.... or do what you want... you're going to anyway... good luck...

Got a trilam custom Seaskin suit this summer, so far seems ok after about 20 some dives. Only gripe is that is too baggy, can't say if it's their fault or mine (doing my own measurements and losing a lot of weight since ordering it). I guess they make them a bit larger by design, to allow for heavy undergarments. I do like how fast it dries up compared to my Black Ice and Whites. The price is also pretty good, especially for a custom suit.

Administrator Forum Admin

Quote Originally Posted by LMN View Post
    Got a trilam custom Seaskin suit this summer, so far seems ok after about 20 some dives. Only gripe is that is too baggy, can't say if it's their fault or mine (doing my own measurements and losing a lot of weight since ordering it). I guess they make them a bit larger by design, to allow for heavy undergarments. I do like how fast it dries up compared to my Black Ice and Whites. The price is also pretty good, especially for a custom suit.
    There is a box to check for heavy undergarments, but not a good idea for Florida. It is a lot colder in the UK, so they do allow for heavier undergarments. If you check the heavy undergarment, but get a really baggy suit.

Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

I've been considering buying a Seaskin siut for the past month so this thread has been helpful. I think I'll see if Steve will take the measurements for me.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    There is a box to check for heavy undergarments, but not a good idea for Florida. It is a lot colder in the UK, so they do allow for heavier undergarments. If you check the heavy undergarment, but get a really baggy suit.
    I was well aware of that. That box was unchecked, the suit still baggy. Not saying it's their fault though, and I still like it. Plus, the addition of gaiters helped a lot. I may need to add an abdominal binder, too

I?ve had 2 custom suits from DUI. Both great. See Carol at DUI Booth at DEMA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Men wanted for hazardous journey. Low wages, bitter cold, long hours of complete darkness. Safe return doubtful. Honour and recognition in event of success."

Earnest Shackleton

Women have different concerns, which is why I opted for DUI's TLS custom fit last time. "Meh." It's okay the chest is made for a man, and it was too long and a bit baggy in the legs on arrival. Rather than dealing with DUI, I asked Gamble to do the alterations. My two best fitting suits have been 1) Dive Rite's first generation, which I dived till it fell apart and a hardly used old, off the rack DUI TLS that I bought for a few bucks on craigslist locally. For my next suit I will definitely try another Dive Rite, a Santi, and some of the European suits.

Barbara/San Francisco