Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lost and found

Quote Originally Posted by cmint View Post
    No joke, that has happened at Ginnie. I heard some hillbillies showed up at the office to turn in a deco bottle they found that someone had "lost" in the cavern.
    No kidding... I remember during a cave class at Ginnie, there were some free divers talking about how they saw a tank "someone must have lost" down in the cavern, and that they "think they can get to it." Hearing that discussion was an eye opener!

Quote Originally Posted by inverted_bear View Post
    I found some aluminum 40's marked "OXYGEN" and regulators that some forgetful cave divers left behind while swimming into the cave. Where can I leave the tanks and collect my reward?
    So it was you?!?! Actually happened to me a few years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
    -Ferris Bueller

The most certain way to stumble into the future, is to live your life looking over your shoulder.
    -Jeff Hawes after getting a huge mulligan...

Quote Originally Posted by cmint View Post
    No joke, that has happened at Ginnie. I heard some hillbillies showed up at the office to turn in a deco bottle they found that someone had "lost" in the cavern.
    Those were actually ours.

We left a bunch bottles getting ready for a dive the next day.

We Checked in the next day and Rose looked at us somewhat more quizzically than normal. Said to wait a sec and went in the back. Next thing we know, out she comes with our O2 bottles.

We had left them previously when exiting the Eye. We were planning on entering the Ear and Ear. Never would have known they were missing.
    Plan a few things differently now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
    -Ferris Bueller

The most certain way to stumble into the future, is to live your life looking over your shoulder.
    -Jeff Hawes after getting a huge mulligan...

I just post the item for sale in the gear exchange... if the original owner can identify the item and show proof of ownership, I typically give them a discount on it when they buy it back.
    hehehehe.....

Hey, that Minnus 1.5 is mine...it's black with red letters, loud, and runs like s dream! Where'd you find it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by cavekrazi View Post
    Hey, that Minnus 1.5 is mine...it's black with red letters, loud, and runs like s dream! Where'd you find it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    I found it exactly where you left it... I'll bring it back to you and knock $50 off the price!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The least you could do is knock $100 off.
    Nice scooter by the way.