Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Default Cave CCR certification required at Ginnie Springs

I know there has been some back and forth on this issue over the years but apparently as of October 1 of this year Ginnie Springs now requires cave ccr certification if you plan on diving a ccr there.

Michael C. Barnette
    Association of Underwater Explorers
    http://uwex.us

Wow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Men wanted for hazardous journey. Low wages, bitter cold, long hours of complete darkness. Safe return doubtful. Honour and recognition in event of success."

Earnest Shackleton

Sucks for RB divers, but I've been told that very few people actually take a cave RB course. They just get a cave card then move to RB in the cave. The comments were that unforunately it lends to too many people not knowing how to properly calculate bailout requirements. I'm not a RB diver, so I don't know how true this is. Considering a "seasoned diver" died because they couldn't calculate the proper gas needed for a dive to Sweet Surprise, I'm not surprised they made that decision.

that's weird. what about gue rebreather divers?

I wonder if this will popularize a “crossover” CCR Cave course.

Hope this isn’t true. Been cave diving my rebreather since 2008, full cave in 1998. Won’t be paying anyone for crossover.

What a scam right there. I know too many CCR cave divers who don't have the explicit cert and could teach the instructors a thing or two.

How much does a CCR cave cert cost? Is this also the official stance of the agencies? If not what are they doing about it?

What are people going to learn in this class that they haven't already been doing for a decade+?

Am I going to need a CCR DPV Cave, CCR Stage Cave, Technical CCR Cave, and Trimix CCR Cave, rEvo CCR Cave Trimix, SF2 CCR Cave Trimix, and SF2 Sidemount CCR Cave Trimix Crossovers, down the road too? Where does this stop?

Quote Originally Posted by Scuba Al View Post
    Hope this isn’t true. Been cave diving my rebreather since 2008, full cave in 1998. Won’t be paying anyone for crossover.
    It's true...I left in disgust this morning. Total horseshit.

Michael C. Barnette
    Association of Underwater Explorers
    http://uwex.us

I was wondering what changes would take place with Rose leaving. Guess it’ll be JB for me, SAD

I can confirm that this is true. Was denied there last week.

We brought up the GUE question at Ginnie. And from what I was told from the girl who is the one kicking people out, Ginnie is causing GUE to rewrite their curriculum. You will need to have a GUE CCR CAVE course or at least be vetted by a GUE CCR cave instructor and specifically have "CCR" and "CAVE" written on your GUE card to enter.