Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19

Quote Originally Posted by Idive View Post
    OK, serious questions for a change of pace. If a person has "Full Cave" card, they are only allowed to dive OC at Ginnie now unless they have a "CCR Cave" card. Does the reverse also apply? If you have a CCR Cave card, you are only allowed to dive CCR?
    While I don't have an answer directly from ginnie, I'm surprised people are actually asking this question. My Ginnie pass says cave dpv but I'm fine diving without a dpv. While that sounds like a dumb analogy, it's no different than having a cave ccr card. Cave ccr is your "highest" cert. Ginnie doesn't care if you dive below your cert.

Nobody that's watching divers at Ginnie is going to tell you you can't dive oc if you're ccr. As long as they see cave on the card you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenwood_60 View Post
    This reminds me of the place in Times Square (in the 70's and 80's) where you could go and get a state ID from anywhere with any info you want on it. Instant fake IDs. I got one myself at age 18 that I used sometimes even after I didn't need to. (Just to stick it to the man....)
    Somewhat quaint then, but in today's world, I can see a number of possible issues.

Lol Gene! That is funny!

I think this whole thing can be solved if we can find "the missing card printer." I'll bet one Chicago style pizza on it!

Quote Originally Posted by rddvet View Post
    While I don't have an answer directly from ginnie, I'm surprised people are actually asking this question. My Ginnie pass says cave dpv but I'm fine diving without a dpv. While that sounds like a dumb analogy, it's no different than having a cave ccr card. Cave ccr is your "highest" cert. Ginnie doesn't care if you dive below your cert.
    So just to start trouble.... Why is cave CCR your highest cert? I have done both OC and CCR and OC is a bit less relaxing!

Last edited by Sludge; Yesterday at 10:14 AM. Reason: fix quote

Quote Originally Posted by rddvet View Post

So just to start trouble.... Why is cave CCR your highest cert? I have done both OC and CCR and OC is a bit less relaxing!
    Look at it from the eyes of a group of nomdivers like Ginnie. You have to be oc first to dive cc. CC in general is more "technical" to the lay person.

If you don't look at it from the perspective of a diver it's pretty obvious.

Last edited by Sludge; Yesterday at 10:16 AM. Reason: fix quote

Quote Originally Posted by Idive View Post
    OK, serious questions for a change of pace. If a person has "Full Cave" card, they are only allowed to dive OC at Ginnie now unless they have a "CCR Cave" card. Does the reverse also apply? If you have a CCR Cave card, you are only allowed to dive CCR?
    Wait, does this mean I'm not allowed to bring bailout?!?

That is messed up man!! Down with Ginnie!!

Last edited by Sludge; Yesterday at 10:17 AM. Reason: remove profanity