Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by oya View Post
    I know for an absolute fact that everyone who is on a rebreather and riding their scooter all the way to the back of Ginnie would in no way benefit from taking a few days under the supervision and guidance of an instructor who could impart some formalized skills and philosophical debate points.

I know this because when you get to those distances at Ginnie there are ZERO hand prints, knee-prints, or nosecone gouges in the silt. It is all a completely undisturbed snapshot of geological time.
    Sorry to dissagree but I have seen plenty of damage past stage bottle rock....

Oliver, the words you speak are blasphemy. If you have an instructor card you can't do any wrong.

This video was posted on Facebook just a few days ago when Bill Stone was playing with his mapping robot at Peacock. Several instructors where there and yet they allowed this to happen and posted it on their Facebook pages.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...00000428088077

Quote Originally Posted by cavewoman View Post
    Sorry to dissagree but I have seen plenty of damage past stage bottle rock....
    Oh my!!

Well, I'm sure it's not the doing of anyone who any of us have ever been diving with! I'm certain that everyone we all know is the picture of safe, well-trained, and well-practiced diving to the point they wouldn't even need a cave CCR card or a cave DPV card or anything else of the like (which is obviously just invented to line the pockets of the millionaire dive instructors of Big Scuba).

NOTE:
    Everything I ever say - ever - is facetious.

Quote Originally Posted by oya View Post
    Oh my!!

Well, I'm sure it's not the doing of anyone who any of us have ever been diving with! I'm certain that everyone we all know is the picture of safe, well-trained, and well-practiced diving to the point they wouldn't even need a cave CCR card or a cave DPV card or anything else of the like (which is obviously just invented to line the pockets of the millionaire dive instructors of Big Scuba).

NOTE:
    Everything I ever say - ever - is facetious.
    Noted.

Quote Originally Posted by TracyN View Post
    Looks like I will be diving someplace other than Ginnie as my DPV card doesn't say cave on it. Lol!
    You?ve got friends in low places that can help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"Men wanted for hazardous journey. Low wages, bitter cold, long hours of complete darkness. Safe return doubtful. Honour and recognition in event of success."

Earnest Shackleton

Hmm... Looking at my nss-cds DPV card, it just says 'DPV pilot' - is it OK since the issuing body is the cave diving section, or does something need to be changed there?

Funny wondering about this, since my class was done IN Ginnie..

Quote Originally Posted by nakatomi View Post
    What about solo diving? Is that allowed at Ginnie, does it require a card? I do hope the owners don't miss any loopholes...
    Shut up you german you nothing to see here, move along

Quote Originally Posted by nakatomi View Post
    Who is complaining? Some people are not happy about it but who can blame them?

I'm not completely happy about it either, there, I said it. But I'm not complaining, I'm conforming...

So back to the questions, is solo diving allowed? If so are any cards required?
    What about drysuits, Advanced Nitrox/DP, stages and so on.
    This is important, we do want to comply with all the rules.

What if someone finds a lead, is he/she allowed to lay line without a survey card?
    its not an NSS property, so you dont need permission before surveying and mapping the cave

Quote Originally Posted by IowaCaveDiver View Post
    I'm starting a charter service spring 2018... Guided CCR Dives followed by cheese and crackers on board post dive. The accomodations are top notch and most cave divers will feel right at home. The vessel is named the SS FU Ginnie and we will start taking reservations immediately following Thanksgiving ... book now!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    USS Nakatomi seen live. i thought it was stealth...

For those who say "Ginnie doesn't really care about cave divers"... I might wonder why they seem so hostile to anyone approaching the spring from the river via boat?

A few weeks back when the water was high and Ginnie was still closed, I drove my Jon boat up to pass over the eye and the ear just long enough to see if there was obvious flow. While I was taking a look, a middle aged gentleman zipped over towards me in a golf cart and gave me a menacing stare, and seemed like he was almost ready to "invite me to leave". I am pretty sure I know who this guy is, but can't confirm 100%. I just waved and smiled as I continued on past the Ear back out onto the river.

I have never actually tried to dive Devils system from the river, but it's starting to sound tempting.