Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

I remember being reassured by Rose years back that this would never happen, what a drag...

Safe diving,

Rich

Education, enjoyment and exploration.....
    http://divecaves.com
    https://www.facebook.com/divecaves

And yes Ginnie said they will enforce rebreather-specific cave cards. At least from what they told me. And yes, they will come down and check on you after you enter.

cave police on site now with the new management?

SCR for the win!

Quote Originally Posted by elubes View Post
    I can confirm that this is true. Was denied there last week.

We brought up the GUE question at Ginnie. And from what I was told from the girl who is the one kicking people out, Ginnie is causing GUE to rewrite their curriculum. You will need to have a GUE CCR CAVE course or at least be vetted by a GUE CCR cave instructor and specifically have "CCR" and "CAVE" written on your GUE card to enter.
    i mean a lot of us dont have a CCR. so it doesn't apply to rb80?

You can confirm again with Ginnie (if you want to) but yes they said an "RB-80 CAVE" card is needed.

tough to do since it doesn't exist. smart move on their part.
    but since the rb80 class covers cave diving ALREADY maybe GUE will step up and offer a card for us. basically the whole class is in an overhead environment and covers line running, stage diving etc.

In the German mines 'Christine' and 'Schwalefeld' you already need a ccr cave card. In 'Nuttlar' it is only allowed to dive with a ccr if you have a ccr cave card, or you need to do a checkdive.
    So Ginnie is not the only place you need a rebreather cave card.
    For the Molnar Janos cave you need to have a drysuit certificate. But you are allowed to dive ccr with a mod1 cert and a oc cave cert. But bailout ccr is not allowed, bailout needs to be oc gas.
    In the mine 'Miltitz' you are only allowed to dive a rebreather if it is a CE unit, so Kiss, Optima, homebuilds, etc are not allowed.

didnt have issues last month, but they never asked if I was OC or CCR. Just put the cave DPV card on the table and off i went.

I guess ill get my instructor to print one of those for me now.

Maybe UDIE should start printing some for all of us

Quote Originally Posted by patpicos View Post
    didnt have issues last month, but they never asked if I was OC or CCR. Just put the cave DPV card on the table and off i went.

I guess ill get my instructor to print one of those for me now.

Maybe UDIE should start printing some for all of us
    Like everything at Ginnie, I'm sure it depends on who you get to check you in and if they recognize you. Not showing anything CCR at the front desk is probably a smart move. I haven't seen anyone doing any serious patrolling in a long time recently at Ginnie. There have been lots of idiots doing stupid things and all that happens is the cart police move on to the next trash can to clean. There's no "Rick type" hanging around anymore (not that Rick would care if you were CCR diving). At the same time, with all the changes you may see more scuba police keeping an eye on people.