Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cerich View Post
    so... read the title of this thread and am very disappointed to see that Ginnie has done this. What isn't clear from the title of this thread is if you are allowed to still dive OC Cave as long as you have a CCR Cave certification or if you can only dive CCR the unit on the card.
    If not, I hope no one has to ever bail out to OC during a CCR dive at Ginnie and then face the wrath of the cave police.

Michael C. Barnette
    Association of Underwater Explorers
    http://uwex.us

Quote Originally Posted by cerich View Post
    JJ, Tyler, Ted and Berman were kids then, just saying, all in their 20's
    This is true, although they were quite prolific in teaching. But, if you were planning a technical dive in Devils and needed some advice, would you ask those guys working behind the counter, or the people working behind the counter now? If promoting cave diving was a key to Ginnie's business model, then perhaps you'd see cave instructors on their staff, and those people working in the shop were a draw to Ginnie,but it isn't important or part of their plan

"Not all change is improvement...but all improvement is change" Donald Berwick

Quote Originally Posted by barney00 View Post
    If not, I hope no one has to ever bail out to OC during a CCR dive at Ginnie and then face the wrath of the cave police.
    big fine I hear

Chris Richardson

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Jessop View Post
    This is true, although they were quite prolific in teaching. But, if you were planning a technical dive in Devils and needed some advice, would you ask those guys working behind the counter, or the people working behind the counter now? If promoting cave diving was a key to Ginnie's business model, then perhaps you'd see cave instructors on their staff, and those people working in the shop were a draw to Ginnie,but it isn't important or part of their plan
    Hasn't been a important part of the plan for a very long time. Really I don't understand why Ginnie doesn't use the basin for a floating bounce island and charge for it. I would.

Chris Richardson

Quote Originally Posted by barney00 View Post
    that explains why I see folks with no bail out!!! Duh..I can be so dense sometimes

Chris Richardson

Moderator CDF-STAFF Member

I believe Berman was 36 in 1995.

Whoever said money can't buy love never bought a puppy.

Quote Originally Posted by IowaCaveDiver View Post
    I'm starting a charter service spring 2018... Guided CCR Dives followed by cheese and crackers on board post dive. The accomodations are top notch and most cave divers will feel right at home. The vessel is named the SS FU Ginnie and we will start taking reservations immediately following Thanksgiving ... book now!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I?m currently building one of these. I?m looking for recommendations on an outboard motor.

Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Men wanted for hazardous journey. Low wages, bitter cold, long hours of complete darkness. Safe return doubtful. Honour and recognition in event of success."

Earnest Shackleton

Just power it with old oceanic scooters purchased prior to 1998...they are grandfathered in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by tflaris View Post
    I?m currently building one of these. I?m looking for recommendations on an outboard motor.

Any help is appreciated.

Suzuki is by far the best value for outboard motors these days. These guys have the best pricing
    http://www.internationalmarineservice.com

-James Garrett
    http://www.jamesg.net
    Quote Originally Posted by Slüdge View Post
    ...AL...he's just about worthless for anything other than giving you extra gas.

Quote Originally Posted by jj1987 View Post
    Suzuki is by far the best value for outboard motors these days. These guys have the best pricing
    http://www.internationalmarineservice.com
    Awesome.

Thank you!

"Men wanted for hazardous journey. Low wages, bitter cold, long hours of complete darkness. Safe return doubtful. Honour and recognition in event of success."

Earnest Shackleton