Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Analox o2 Eii analyzer

this analyzer is used and has minimal wear and tear associated with normal use. It has been in climate controlled storage for several years. the sensor had expired and a brand new, unopened, sensor is included with the purchase. Analyzer currently reads 0.01 since there is not a sensor hooked to the unit Sensor will remain in the factory sealed packaging from the manufacturer. Basically a new analyzer... this thing looks brand new... slap in the new sensor and battery and you're good to go.

pick up in jacksonville, FL, drop off to cave country (ginnie area) or shipping can be arranged.

$200

Click image for larger version

Name:	20171023_172640.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	1.71 MB
ID:	17412Click image for larger version

Name:	20171023_172722.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	1.71 MB
ID:	17413Click image for larger version

Name:	20171023_172730.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	17414Click image for larger version

Name:	20171023_172742.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	17415Click image for larger version

Name:	20171023_172836.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	1.54 MB
ID:	17416Click image for larger version

Name:	20171023_172755.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	1.68 MB
ID:	17411

Quote Originally Posted by IowaCaveDiver View Post
    Analyzer currently reads 0.01 since there is not a sensor hooked to the unit Sensor will remain in the factory sealed packaging from the manufacturer. Basically a new analyzer... this thing looks brand new... slap in the new sensor and battery and you're good to go.
    Just a side note, it is not necessary to keep the new cell in the packaging..
    It does not by any means prolong the life of the cell. The lifespan of the cell started with its production. It is good to see that the cell is from Jul 17.. so essentially yes it is pretty much new especially in non-rebreather use..
    It might be beneficial to hook up the cell and show the analyser in working condition to facilitate the cell.. The only important info on the cell is the manufacturing date at this point..

I would be interested if I cam stateside any time soon, but that is unsure..
    I like the robust simple built of the analox..

if you come state side and want to come check it out, hit me up and we can open it up and plug it in. For now I will leave it sealed up since many people might like to see it this way prior to purchase.

bump... great stocking stuffer!

You might want to double check the sensor bag is airtight. Those ESD bags get punctured very easily.

Quote Originally Posted by guruboy View Post
    You might want to double check the sensor bag is airtight. Those ESD bags get punctured very easily.
    So what? It does not matter as I explained earlier..
    One of the biggest misconceptions about oxygen sensors is that the package (or fridge, vacuum etc. etc.) make a difference on the fit for use time..
    it does not..

For any concerned buyers who either believe or disbelieve Nitrogenius's advice, the package is still air tight, vaccum sealed.

On a side note, while I have not researched Nitrogenius's standpoint on exposure of cells to air and effect on their lifespan, I have an OMS o2 analizer that i've had since 2002. I'm OCD about capping the sensor after every use and it is stored in the little dry box that these analizers originally came in. I also store it inside (temperature controlled environment) Sensors usually last me 3-4 years as I think I'm on my 4th one now. Yup, sounds OCD but it seems to have helped... maybe.

PS, thanks for bumping the post.. maybe this baby will end up in somebody's stocking. Santa... are you out there?

Sensors usually last me 3-4 years...
    that sounds about right for dry on land sensor usage.
    Even without "extra" care that is what one should achieve with such usage..
    Obviously very different in rebreather environment. pushing it past 18 month there seems to be unreasonable..
    Those make a great second life as analyzer sensors btw..

A bit like batteries from electric cars can have a great second life in energy industry business (ancillary energy supply services, "spinning" reserves etc..)

For anybody interested in follow up on oxygen sensors (other than rebreather divers for them it is a must in my opinion) ..
    here some food..
    http://www.revo-rebreathers.com/wp-c...en_sensors.pdf
    http://www.revo-rebreathers.com/wp-c...te-picture.pdf

oh btw.. of course it does not hurt to treat a cell with care and "extreme" exposures (heat, cold, high moisture, extremely dry etc. and killer no1 mechanical shocks) will for sure shorten the life.. It is just that "special methods" will not prolong life.. a "normal room climate" environment is just enough care..

PS, thanks for bumping the post.. maybe this baby will end up in somebody's stocking. Santa... are you out there?
    Wish you luck

Price drop $180