Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
    Moderator CDF-STAFF Member

Default 2017-18 New Year's social?

Well, it's the end of an era for me. I did the Galaxy Dive for eighteen consecutive years, and ran the accompanying CDF Social the last eleven. But dating a non-diver, and then marrying her, has made it difficult to spend the first moments of the new year together. But Lynn has been great about it, letting me do the Galaxy Dive while waiting at the surface.

So this year we will be somewhere else. If the CDF Galaxy Dive is to live on, it will be with someone else running the show. I will be happy to help out arranging things in the weeks leading up to it, but that's it.

We need a volunteer!

Last edited by Sludge; 10-30-2017 at 09:34 PM.
    Whoever said money can't buy love never bought a puppy.

I would be willing to organize it, I have been to a couple of these so I have an idea of what goes into it but if you can give me a call I could get a better run down and get the ball rolling. 904-982-4144

I'll call you later today. There is still a chance I'll be there (tiny chance) but someone else will have to run it.

I spoke with "sludge" this evening, we will be doing the social at ginnie springs this year. THIS IS A FAMILY FRIENDLY EVENT OPEN TO ALL DIVERS AND NON-DIVERS ALIKE, AND I MAY ADD A REALLY COOL WAY TO RING IN THE NEW YEAR. We should have the pay for one days admission(Dec 31) get the second free(jan 1) when you mention you're with the CDF. I work for a company which puts on events so i will be able to bring speakers, raffle tickets, corn hole and some other items to make this year better than ever. Im going to be getting donations from local shops but anyone who can scrounge up prizes would be great; with new years eve being on a Sunday a tentative schedule will be:
    Sunday DEC 31:
    Day time(starting around noon) we will be at the devils pavilion having a cook out, raffle prizes, diving, socializing, raffle prizes etc
    Night(starting around 6PM) we will be at the ginnie pavilion cooking out and preparing for the galaxy dive

Monday Jan 1:
    Devils pavilion will be home base but everyone is encouraged to get in some dives and come hang out

soon we will be sending out a list of food and other items for people to bring for the cook out. The list will be numbered and if you see something you could bring just reply with the item number and we will put your name next to it and cross that item off, as always for those who cant make it monetary donations are graciously accepted via pay pal account sent to jeff.dobbertien@gmail.com or venmo account jeff-dobbertien all of which will be allocated to cover expenses of the cook out or if you make a donation for a specific item we can do that as well. My number is at the top of the thread if you have any questions. This is an awesome event to get to know one another in person and we look forward to seeing everyone there!

Quote Originally Posted by jdobbertien View Post
    I spoke with "sludge" this evening, we will be doing the social at ginnie springs this year. THIS IS A FAMILY FRIENDLY EVENT OPEN TO ALL DIVERS AND NON-DIVERS ALIKE, AND I MAY ADD A REALLY COOL WAY TO RING IN THE NEW YEAR. We should have the pay for one days admission(Dec 31) get the second free(jan 1) when you mention you're with the CDF. I work for a company which puts on events so i will be able to bring speakers, raffle tickets, corn hole and some other items to make this year better than ever. Im going to be getting donations from local shops but anyone who can scrounge up prizes would be great; with new years eve being on a Sunday a tentative schedule will be:
    Sunday DEC 31:
    Day time(starting around noon) we will be at the devils pavilion having a cook out, raffle prizes, diving, socializing, raffle prizes etc
    Night(starting around 6PM) we will be at the ginnie pavilion cooking out and preparing for the galaxy dive

Monday Jan 1:
    Devils pavilion will be home base but everyone is encouraged to get in some dives and come hang out

soon we will be sending out a list of food and other items for people to bring for the cook out. The list will be numbered and if you see something you could bring just reply with the item number and we will put your name next to it and cross that item off, as always for those who cant make it monetary donations are graciously accepted via pay pal account sent to jeff.dobbertien@gmail.com or venmo account jeff-dobbertien all of which will be allocated to cover expenses of the cook out or if you make a donation for a specific item we can do that as well. My number is at the top of the thread if you have any questions. This is an awesome event to get to know one another in person and we look forward to seeing everyone there!
    Corn hole?? Must mean something different down South...

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Jeff Rouse
    Chicago, IL

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hammer View Post

The most powerful minds are the ones that can be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hammer View Post

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
    No it means the same thing and it's yummy.

Www.artflowslikewater.com
    Brendan's Law - "Know what you're breathing. Analyze your gas for O2 and Co. Analyze your gas each time, everytime, anywhere."

It's a game that's also called "beanbag toss."

Quote Originally Posted by Sludge View Post
    It's a game that's also called "beanbag toss."
    That's funny cause up north "bean bag toss" means **** ***.

Last edited by FW; 11-15-2017 at 06:26 AM.
    Www.artflowslikewater.com
    Brendan's Law - "Know what you're breathing. Analyze your gas for O2 and Co. Analyze your gas each time, everytime, anywhere."