Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

We'd love to come down from GA and meet people. Anyone planning to camp, or is this usually a local crowd?

Administrator Forum Admin

Quote Originally Posted by MoistenedBint View Post
    We'd love to come down from GA and meet people. Anyone planning to camp, or is this usually a local crowd?
    It is not a local event, but I quit camping at Ginnie years ago, because of the noisy drunks.

Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

There will be divers there from the Midwest and Puerto Rico at least. We will be camping to take advantage of the double dip as well as the post dive soda pops and no DD needed factor.

We are all good to go for reservations for ginnie. So next is just getting out the who brings who list. Russell can you post the list? This is the email from ginnie:

We have reserved the Devils Eye Pavilion for you to use for December 31st, 2017. As in the past, your group is welcome to use the pavilion for the day at no charge. In lieu of the deposit we will imprint your credit card when you arrive.

Park admission is not included in the pavilion reservation. Our daily admission for the non-divers are $14.02 per adult and $3.73 for children 6-12 years old. Day passes expire ? prior to sunset.

The camping fees are $22.43 per adult, $6.49 for children 6-12 years old and $10.28 per site, Fees are per night and do not include sales tax. Our camp fees cover the daily admission for the day you arrive and are good until ? prior to dark the day you leave.

Our scuba diving fees are per person, per day and are good until mid-night. Dive fees are $30.00 and $22.00 for certified cave divers. Sam as also approved a free day of diving on January 1st, 2018 for your divers when checking in for scuba diving on December 31st. (Kind of buy one get one freeJ.)

Just a reminder that the fees do not include sales tax,

Also, Sam has also given the okay for your guests to stay until 1:00 am. (New Year’s morning).

I am attaching our current group reservation sheets as well as our diver group rate sheet. Please look over the material and let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for your voice mail and we look forward to seeing you down at the springs.

Moderator CDF-STAFF Member

Quote Originally Posted by jdobbertien View Post
    This is the email from ginnie:[/B]

We have reserved the Devils Eye Pavilion for you...
    I guess I need to call her again. We talked about the Little Devil pavilion. GSO can't decide what to call the various pavilions. "Devil's Eye pavilion" is the one down by the Devi's Eye Spring. Or sometimes it's the one up by Little Devil Spring. Regardless of what they call it, we want the one near the bath houses.

Whoever said money can't buy love never bought a puppy.

Are we doing the Galaxy dive in the Ball Room (Ginnie) or down at the eye or ear?

Ball room

Quote Originally Posted by T. Bix View Post
    Are we doing the Galaxy dive in the Ball Room (Ginnie) or down at the eye or ear?
    Quote Originally Posted by jdobbertien View Post
    Ball room
    We will have the Little Devil's pavilion during the day, but move to the Ginnie pavilion for the Galaxy dive.

Sump Divers

Hi all, when do you usually start? And are non CDF folks allowed, like my wife. Or are non cave divers allowed? Like my friends that are training still gor tgeor cave certs? If so, can we stop by, and what should we bring? I dive their often, but not sure I personally know many folks other than seeing them pass by? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by CavePadawan View Post
    Hi all, when do you usually start? And are non CDF folks allowed, like my wife. Or are non cave divers allowed? Like my friends that are training still gor tgeor cave certs? If so, can we stop by, and what should we bring? I dive their often, but not sure I personally know many folks other than seeing them pass by? Thanks.
    Everyone is welcome, even non divers. You will have to tell the people at the Ginnie desk that you are there for the Cave Divers Forum event to get the 2 day for one day price deal.

I plan to arrive at 8am, but we may not get totally set up before 10am.

Sump Divers