Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Some of you have possibly seen it but there is a house on Holmes Creek that has something similar to this. The house is abandoned. There is a spring that is funneled into a swimming pool. It's quite interesting how it was all constructed.

Derek

Quote Originally Posted by Pullnglide View Post
    Some of you have possibly seen it but there is a house on Holmes Creek that has something similar to this. The house is abandoned. There is a spring that is funneled into a swimming pool. It's quite interesting how it was all constructed.
    The valve mounted on the spring reminds me of an oil well. It actually is south of Holmes Creek. It is a little tributary of Choctawatchee Bay.

Administrator Forum Admin

Convict spring also feeds a swimming pool.

Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

I just stopped by Green Cove spring on my way through town for work. The renovation of this park and Facilities is absolutely amazing... Definitely worth stopping through especially if you have family or young ones that might want to go swimming. We may actually try to bring some out-of-town family down here on Saturday since they are still open on the weekends for swimming through November 26th.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Wow, they really put a lot of effort into making it look even less natural than id did before. Its a really nice facility though. I guess it just makes me sad to see a spring so domesticated.

"omg take that out of your signature." ~ pink arrows

Natural or not, I think this was a good move for the community. the old facilities were fairly run down and Green Cove Springs (the town) needed a bit of reviving. the alternative would be filling the spring in and wiping it out completely for some other type of development... At least this way visitors can still benefit from it, get to see the spring up close and this provides a very economical and enjoyable way for the locals and tourists to enjoy the park. I'm excited to take my niece and nephew swimming there on saturday when they come from Idaho to visit. I wish it were a diveable cave but this works for me.