Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread

Default Downstream Cow - Oct 14th 2017

Dove downstream Cow for two dives on Saturday the 14th with Aquabot. Went to the EOL on dive #1, then my buddy shot some video on the way out and we took our time. On dive #2, we tied into the gold (or should I say tannin-colored) line in the passage that runs left out of the cavern zone and went as far as we could before the passage pinched down too far for me to go through.

Water temp was a steady 70?F (except for one small part of dive #2 that was 71?F), siphon was noticeable but not strong, visibility approximately 35+ feet. Basin was clear with very little debris on the surface compared to some of the photos I'd seen in the past. There was some particulate in the cave when we entered and we were the first ones to show up as far as I know. I'll add additional photos/video if there's anything good.

"There is no unhappiness like the misery of sighting land (and work) again after a cheerful, careless voyage." - Mark Twain

Curious. How tight does it get at the eol? I?ve often wanted to keep going but .... is there room to turn around or do you have to back out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roadkill

Administrator Forum Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Diverlee View Post
    Curious. How tight does it get at the eol? I?ve often wanted to keep going but .... is there room to turn around or do you have to back out?

It gets pretty tight, and there is no room to turn around. Wes couldn't get any farther, even when he was a skinny kid.

Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

Thanks Forrest I?ve been wanting to take my 50?s and do a short dive there I?ll just keep going until I reach my comfort level.

roadkill

Quote Originally Posted by Diverlee View Post
    Thanks Forrest I?ve been wanting to take my 50?s and do a short dive there I?ll just keep going until I reach my comfort level.

That is what i did

Sump Divers

I fit back there. Poked my head in and saw that it was a dead end. There was plenty of room to turn around if you don't go all the way into the hole.

it's a nice little trip to burn up a little gas after coming out of upstream.

"Is this thing on?"

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    it's a nice little trip to burn up a little gas after coming out of upstream.
    Not to mention doing part of your deco.

Sump Divers

Surface shots:

Inside:

"There is no unhappiness like the misery of sighting land (and work) again after a cheerful, careless voyage." - Mark Twain